Juice makers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieD

Chef Extraordinaire
Need a sugestion for a good one. Something that can make grape juice or orange, carrot or tomato juice. Something Universal. No pulp in the end product, can't stand it. Peeling shouldn't be required. Something really-really reliable. Money is important, but I am willing to spend more on something good. Internet gives million options, but which one is really good of course is a mistery.

I have heard great things about the champion juicer.

img_110729_0_7d2cf55853c77b332201f451f2177625.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20677&item=4374807024&rd=1

I have been thinking about buying one myself -- used on ebay that is....

Common folks, out of thousand of people there is only one answer... Nobody else has or had a juicer in the past or present? Unbelivable.:(

CharlieD said:
Common folks, out of thousand of people there is only one answer... Nobody else has or had a juicer in the past or present? Unbelivable.:(
Charlie, I don't have one either (no fruit trees in my backyard in MN, hehe). What I have heard is that Vita Mix juicers are excellent. I think they are somewhat pricey.

Nope, I've never had a juicer. I want one but if I buy anything else for the kitchen it will fall off the back of the house :chef:

I wish I could help you Charlie. I used a juicer when I used to work at Orange Julius, but don't know the brand. I have never owned one.

Hey GB, you are up late, how was your Seder or Sedorim? Mine were not that great, the food was horrible we went to our Rabbi and his wife who is a very good cook just completely ruined everything. Brisket was so tough you couldn’t even bite into it and chicken was altogether so undercooked that I was afraid to eat it.

Sorry for off topic everybody. Though not completely. Passover is precisely a reason why I need the juice maker. I don't use anything processed during that time and it would be nice to have some juice, for kids at least.

Our first sedar was horrible. The food was great and the company was great, but the guy who let the service did a horrible job. He was trying to make jokes and make it funny. He used crude language. He also dragged it out for hours. The second night was much better. My father let the service that night and he did a more traditional service. we took turns reading from the Hagada and he would tell us interesting thing he has learned from the many classes he has been taking on Judaism. We had great brisket (my mom always makes the best) and very good turkey. I made roasted root veggies that came out quite well, plus there were a million other side dishes that were very good. My grandparents came in from FL so that made it all the more special. They were able to spend time with their first great grandchild and it was also the first sedar I have spent with them in a long long time.

Seder Discussion

I know this doesn't belong here, but I'll jump in on the Seder talks too. :)

I got to spend both Seders with my brother and his family. It was lovely spending time with his two young sons and we had a wonderful time. Ufortunately I don't quite have the same tastes as my sister-in-law (who belives in boiling chicken, serving the liquid as soup and the chicken as the main course and cooking brocoli by microwaving it for a really really long time with no seasonings) but I appreciate that she worked hard to make a holiday meal for us all. My brother made his cranberry orange chutney which is wonderful and we had an amazing assortment of fresh and dried fruits for dessert (dates almost the size of my fist and blonde figs!).

Also, since they are orthodox and couldn't start preparing until after Shabat was over, we didn't start until really late and I could only stay for the first half of the Seder and the meal. I left at 3 am, just when they started benching before the second half of the seder! They always read the entire haggada... cover to cover... in english AND hebrew and often discuss sections (not that I mind the discussions ;)).

It was a very nice seder, and I really appreciated being able to be with my brother and his family... but I'm hoping my mom does the Seder next year! :-p

I don't have a kosher kitchen so unfortunately I can't do it myself :(

O.K. back to the juicer question :). Waring makes good quality professional juicers. Normally they are pretty pricey but I have seen them for around 50 bucks at SAMS. Although I like others don't own it my sister in law does and at every family get together she makes fresh juices mixing fruits and veggies that we all enjoy.

I am not much of a gadget person and I would rather buy readymade juice than make it at home (that's one thing I am lazy at making from scratch except once in a blue moon).

If I had unlimited kitchen space and a lot of disposable income then I would like to own one too. From when I used one at work, I remember it being a pain in the butt to clean though. I don't foresee myself ever buying one.

I have a Jack LaLane juicer. My son liked it so much he bought one too. They're definately a pain to clean, but worth it. My favorite juice is carrot, cucumber, and apple.

momcooks said:
I have a Jack LaLane juicer. My son liked it so much he bought one too. They're definately a pain to clean, but worth it. My favorite juice is carrot, cucumber, and apple.

Carrot and apple sounds really good, cucumber though, hm, I'd have try it before making any comments.

Last edited:
Ruth said:
Also, since they are orthodox and couldn't start preparing until after Shabat was over, we didn't start until really late and I could only stay for the first half of the Seder and the meal. I left at 3 am,
Oh, my, they must be something of an ultra-ultra-ultra orthodox, cause beeng ultra-orthodox, (as some call us, Chabadnicks) we finished at 1:30 and we did talked about all kind of things. Not sure about brocoli either, how could she use the microwave on Yom Tov? Well whatever.
We were not at home either and the brisket was so bad, I had nightmares afterwords. I had to make one for intermidiate days and was afraid to ruin it. Thank G-d it turnd out great, everybody loved it. :chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom