Female/Male on Registration/Profile page?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heat

Senior Cook
I find it difficult to know whos male/female with some names . I've asked a few others and they feel the same. Is it Possible to ask if you male or female on the registration page or on profile page. If not could we use the word (optional)? I do not want to embarrass anyone. Or myself!! :LOL:

Since I'm one of the new kids on the block, that's a big problem for me. I visit another board where a gender icon is placed next to the number of posts. Don't know if that's possible here or not, but it's an idea.

ETA: it worked for me

Last edited:
Moved to off topic chat :chef:

Don't have time to look for the thread now but not too long ago this was discussed.

Female here

30.gif
No way man!

i'm not sure if it's really necessary. i mean, in theory, shouldn't we all treat each other as we would wish to be treated, as equals? i don't think it should matter if you're a guy or a gal. same goes for age, or race, or religion, or even if you're from wisconsin or in the canadian military. (sorry elfie, couldn't resist)

i remember thinking sierra cook was a guy at first, because of her job, just a very sweet guy :) . with my manhood re-affirmed, i try to respond honestly and openly to all posts, as equals, and as friends...

buckytom said:
i'm not sure if it's really necessary. i mean, in theory, shouldn't we all treat each other as we would wish to be treated, as equals?

I think it just makes life easier. Like looking at a baby and not knowing whether it's a girl or a boy. Removes that 'idiot' factor.

lol, yeah, i guess i understand. i am terrible at guessing at a baby's gender, (curse brown, green, and yellow baby clothes)and i guess in terms of communication, referring to the baby as "it" seems impolite.

Hahahahha, Lugaru comere i'll check! :LOL: And Han see im not sure if your male or female. I have just been wondering about some of the members. And, i do not discriminate against anyone. And, i treat everyone equal. But, i was just thinking if you didnt want to say you were male or female then use the option? Like Deadly Sushi for instance, i thought he was a woman. Until, i read and read back posts. To see if anything would give me a clue. Hahaha BTW Good Post Sushi:LOL: And Mudbug i thought she was a man! LOL. Oh thanks Kitchenelf i was wondering. Like MJ im wondering male/female? Hahahah really!! Ok can anyone guess what i am? LMAO:LOL::kiss::bunny::alien::zorro:

Hahahaha!

Thanks a lot GB!! :mad:. J/k I forgive you. Hahhaha. And you were right MJ, Im all woman hear me roar GRRRRRRR!!! :LOL: And, MJ thanks for the compliment and flowers LOL! :) Han i can't tell what your Avatar is, sowy? Its pink tho, i think? But, really GB see what i mean? I didnt know until now you were male, only by looking at your pictures. I even have a female avatar. LOL? And i just found out Sierra Cook was a female Hahaha. Thanks Bucky!:LOL:

Last edited:
female.gif
It's the female symbol, but it is pretty hard to see. Here's the male
male.gif
. I snagged them from another site. There must be better ones out there.

Ok Han i can see that the blue one is a male symbol. Maybe if yours was enlarged. I reduced mine to fit the required size for this forum. If ya need any help ill try to help you?

Heat I had a feeling I was going to be wrong. I looked at your avatar and knew that was a woman. I should never listen to my gut LOL.

Back
Top Bottom