Kitchen Gadget Guessing Game

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PolishedTopaz said:
What do I win???:)

Oooo.... :ohmy: prizes? Oh no, I haven't thought of that!

Lets see.... I can give you some of the recipes I got.... or, um, depending on where you live I can mail you some cookies. Of course, that would have to be after the wedding...

I'm open to suggestions for prizes. :)

Prizes, well I like cookies! LOL, you used to get some of these things at tupperware parties. I don't know what kind of tongs those are tho. I'd put them in an ice bucket myself. I have never used my #4 do you?

momcooks said:
Prizes, well I like cookies! LOL, you used to get some of these things at tupperware parties. I don't know what kind of tongs those are tho. I'd put them in an ice bucket myself. I have never used my #4 do you?

Actually, I haven't had the chance to use any of them yet! They're still brand new and sadly, I'm not going to have time to do much cooking between now and the big day so I'll probably not get to use most of them until June.

As far as the cookies go, you won't be getting any prizes until you submit your own list! :-p You said:
momcooks said:
I have most of those. Except #2
So you should give us your guesses and you'll probably win! (of course it seems like you've already looked at everyone answers by this point :ermm:.)

LOL, that's why I didn't post my answers, I wanted to see what everyone else thought they were. Would hardly be fun if all the answers were there. I have 2 drawers of gadgets, or crap as my husband calls them. I'm a hopeless collector of them. I do actually have some that I don't know what they are! I could put pictures of them up for an id! :D

First I want to say what an elegant table! What are those rollups in the 5th photo?

And what a clever game! Here are my guesses:

1.Shrimp deveiner

2.Avocado slicer

3. Julienner (is that a word?)

4. ???

5. cherry pitter

6. ravioli/wonton crimper

7. ice cream scoop

8. honey dipper

9. ???

10. meatballer

11. ???

12. ???

13. mandoline

14. zester

15. tongs for ice

16. tongs for asparagus

17. bottle opener

18. egg poacher

19. ???

20. pancake form

here's my guesses:
1. shrimp de-veiner
2. jar lid opener
3. cheese or potato julienner
4. grapefruit knife
5. cherry pitter
6. pastry or ravioli crimper
7. ice cream scoop
8. honey dripper
9. citrus juicer
10. meatball maker
11. strawberry huller
12. another shrimp de-veiner
13. grater/mandolin
14. zester
15. pickle/olive picker
16. veggie tongs
17. bottle opener
18. egg poacher/fryer
19. jar press
20. pancake or egg form

And the winner is....

Ok, as promised, here are the answers:

1. Orange (Citrus) peeler
2. Avocado slicer
3. Julienne peeler
4. Grapefruit knife
5. Cherry pitter (will also work as an olive pitter)
6. Ravioli (or wonton) press
7. Cookie dough scoop
8. Honey dipper
9. Citrus squeezer (juicer)
10. Meatball form
11. Strawberry huller
12. Shrimp deveiner (cleaner)
13. Mini Mandeline
14. Zester
15a. and b. Bar tongs - The large one is for ice and the small one is for bar condiments like olives, cherries, lemon slices, etc.
16. Asparagus tongs
17. Jar opener
18. Egg poacher
19. Jar and bottle scraper (for getting the last little bits out of a jar or bottle)
20. Pancake (or egg) shaper

And the scores:

GB - 9.5
crewsk - 9.5
chocolatechef - 13
Andy M. - 14.5
AllenMI - 12.5
PolishedTopaz - 9
HanArt - 11.5
buckytom - 14

I gave 1 point for each right (or basically right) answer and 1/2 point for each partially right or incomplete answer.

Congrats to our winner Andy M.! :clap: (He won by a very slim margin - If only buckytom specified asparagus tongs instead of just vegetable tongs I would have given him that extra 1/2 pt and it would have been a tie!)

Unfortunately I'm going out of town for a few days and will have to deal with the prizes when I get back. :-p

Nobody got 7 or 17 right and only one person got 4 and 19. Everyone got 8.

When I played at my future MIL's party I guessed that #3 was a chocolate curler... while it's not the correct answer, I'd bet it would work great for it. I'm sure I'll end up using most of these gadgets for purposes other than what they were intended for, and I'll probably end up taking some of your ideas!

Thanks to everyone who played, this was a blast!

Very fun indeed, I didn't know the cookie dough scoop or what kind of tongs, I just figured ice. Have never see that kind of scoop. I use #1 almost every day, love oranges. You score it with one side and peel with the curved end. I've never used the zester part, it seems too big.:mrgreen:

very cool, that was fun, thanks ruth. awwww, i came in 2nd? that makes me first loser!!!!:) i shoulda cheated...

i actually have some of these things (correctly stored in a junk drawer, for the most part).
i have the shrimp de-veiner, the citrus juicer, the grapefruit knife, the egg form, egg poacher, honey dipper, zester, and bar tongs.
how many do yous guys have?

I have very few of these things, which surprises me because I LOVE gadgets.

I have a wonton press, but mine does not look like this one. Mine is hinged and made of plastic. I have a Mandeline, but not a mini one. That is all I have.

I don't have any of the tongs, or the cookie scoop. I go to a lot of Pampered chef parties, good place to get some of them. Anyone who uses a foodsaver and jars needs the bottle opener, I have blue and a red one. They are the best to take the lids off. I have a metal avacado slicer with wires.

It's not the using of the gadget, it's the owning of them!

I didn't do too bad, especially since I don't own half of these tools!

I don't want or need them, so I don't pay attention to them.

choclatechef said:
I didn't do too bad, especially since I don't own half of these tools!

I don't want or need them, so I don't pay attention to them.

:shock: I have a few friends who are always buying me some of this stuff. The know I love this stuff.:LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom