Nashville Sweet Potatoes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raine

Executive Chef
Nashville Sweet Potatoes (Serves Two)

2 large sweet potatoes
1 tablespoon coarse kosher salt
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1/2 cup Tennessee Gourmet® Apple & Spice sauce (any flavor)
1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries (Craisins® or similar)
Coarse kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Pare potatoes and slice into 1/2-inch diagonal pieces. Place potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Add salt and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook until the potatoes are barely tender, about 6 to 7 minutes. Drain well and place in a buttered casserole dish.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and add the brown sugar. Cook, stirring often, until the sauce begins to caramelize. Add the Apple & Spice sauce and the dried cranberries; stir to combine. Pour the sauce over the sweet potatoes. Cook in a preheated oven, stirring occassionally, for 20 to 30 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Rainee

You always have interesting recipes and I do appreciate them. I am anxious to try this one especially as we do not eat sweet potatoes very often. I am contacting the site where you listed one of the ingredients. There are so many products that are available and only grateful that you have tried this one as I feel confident about buying it. Thanks for your time and consideration.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom