Au Revoire...Again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
No wonder I heard fireworks Sat. night.

Cher says farewell with flair

inside1-cher.jpg

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Belly dancers, a dancing elephant and a video montage of her lengthy career marked the end of Cher's three-year farewell tour.

Cher, 58, kicked off the show in a silver coat and hood, which she quickly stripped off to reveal a skimpy G-string outfit.

Cher, 58, played to a sold-out crowd Saturday at the Hollywood Bowl and insisted that this final concert on her 325-stop tour really was the end.

"I'm approaching 80," she joked to the crowd, "and if I did that thing everyone does, come back in five years, I'd be driving around in one of those carts you know, the ones with the joysticks you see in Costco.

"There are two reasons people come back. Because, like the Stones, they're broke. Again. Or they're old divas who can't wait to be out among their adoring fans. But this, this truly is it."

Video clips broadcast on four giant screens showed the Sonny Bono years in the 1970s, shots from her solo career and clips of Cher with Carol Burnett, Ray Charles, Elton John, David Bowie and the Muppets.

Her final show was vintage Cher, who made her entrance from above decked out in a silver coat and hood. She kicked off the show with her standard opening song, a cover of U2's I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, and ditched the coat as she hit the stage to reveal a skimpy G-string outfit.

The show, which included about a dozen costume changes, ended with fireworks that spelled out her tour's expletive-laden tagline, "Follow this, you (rhymes with witches)!"

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press

Alix said:
Class all the way.

I agree, Alix. That's one show I'm sorry I missed. I'm not too close to the Bowl, but heard people setting off fireworks close by on Sat. night. around that time. Must have been some show!

Last edited:
a "skimpy G-string outfit" at age 58? that's guts! I always liked her voice and thought she was gorgeous before all the surgery, liposuction, collagen, etc.

i can't think of cher without picturing jack from "will and grace" imitating her.
i can do a mean hair flip like jack...:)

As long as I don't see him in a G-string and silver robe singing If I could turn back tiiime.

Back
Top Bottom