Stuffed Lamb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kiteking

Assistant Cook
A while back I had a boneless lamb stuffed and rolled with Feta Onion and Spinach. I am trying to remember cooking times. Anyone have any suggestions for cooking methods or other stuffings?

Cheers.
.......Kiteking

Again, I never try to guess with expensive cuts of meat. Use a probe thermometer. As far as stuffing that lamb. I stuff mine with lemon slices, garlic cloves and fresh mint and rosemary...Heaven!

also, it depends on if you want to grill it, saute it, oven roast it, etc. and do you remember what part of the lamb? was the the lamb loin, deboned stuffed lamb leg, deboned lamb rack? different cuts of the meat will cook differently too depending on the size, thickness, etc.

It will be a boneless leg of lamb. I am making my stuffing and bringing it to the butcher. I'll let you know how it turns out!

I had the butcher debone the lamb. It was then rolled it with feta, spinach and garlic and fishnetted. I think next time I would cut down on the spinach, and maybe add some onion. (Say one bunch fresh spinach or 5 oz frozen, 6-8 cloves of garlic, one med onion chopped fine and 1/3 pound of crumbled Feta. It cooked for about 2 hours at 325, (135 internal) and then sat out for about 30 minutes wrapped in foil. I rubbed it with garlic salt and Herbes au Provence. The meat was very succulent and juicy, the spinach swirl made for a nice presentation. I will do this again!

Back
Top Bottom