Toasters and Toaster Ovens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
HELP! Over the years I have owned more of these appliances than I care to mention. 90% of them have been somewhere between useless and trash. Am I the only one who buys toasters that will only toast one or two "batches" (be it 2 or 4 slices) of toast before the safety features turn the darned thing off? I love the toaster oven concept, but have had the same problem with them. If you go too far, (i.e., more than just the two of us), they stop functioning correctly. I've bought cheap through mid-priced (most I've paid, I think, is about $60), and had the same problem in all except one (which I had mounted in the last house I owned, and left it with the new buyers .... and much to my dismay, when I bought the exact same make and model a few years later, it was a piece of blank!). Dear me. Anyone who's bought something in this order within the last year or two (I don't want to hear about the one you bought in 1964 that is still going good) that you love, tell me about it.

My Panasonic is probably 15 years old. It's just ok.

Have heard great comments about the Cuisinart convection toaster oven. There was a thread on the Cooking Forum at Garden Web where it received a lot of positive reviews ... for toasting and roasting. It's since scrolled off the board.

I'm sold! Now to find a good price.

There are a few reviews on the bottom of the page:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000063XG3/102-5998764-4862569?v=glance

Toaster oven reviews:
http://www.consumersearch.com/www/kitchen/toaster_ovens/index.html

Last edited:
I have the Cuisinart convection toaster oven and love it. I got tire of replacing a toaster oven every year and decided to bite the bullet and buy the Cuisinart. Size was a factor as we have very little counter space as was the reviews I read. We have had it for about 9 months now and it works like a charm, toasts well and bakes like a pro. It's also beautiful to look at.

Back
Top Bottom