Garden Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
Does anyone know of a site/forum similar to this in format for gardening? My question now is should I dead-head my tulips and daffodils now that they're past their prime. I know you aren't supposed to cut the folliage, but don't know about the flowers. but I'm looking for a site on gardening and one on old homes. Anyone got one they like with a Q&A format that's easy to use as this one is, pass it on, please.

As for your daffs - do take off the heads, and here's a neat way to keep the foliage without it looking like it's falling all over the place:
carefully fold the foliage over and tie it loosely with raffia. Keep it that way till it starts drying out and then you can take it out with a slight yank. This will keep the bulb in the ground and the blooms will come again next year.
( I do this with my daffs and narcissuses as well. It keeps the planter tidy-looking)

Thank you! I had the hardest time posting this. I'm not sure why, but something flubbed up and I wound up posting it twice (posted it once, got a message that the site was down, tried again, and wound up with two posts, then couldn't figure out how to delete one of them). I loved the raffia idea, because the greens look so horrid once summer heat sets in.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom