What condiments do you like with your beef?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Butterz

Assistant Cook
which condiments do you like to put on your beef to add flavor?

i personally like franks hot sauce, and kraft hor sauce.

It really depends on what kind of beef we're talking about. A filet - nothing, prime rib, a piquant sauce (horseradish and sour cream), a London broil same piquant sauce or maybe a chimichurri. I've never had Frank's on any kind of beef. I've only used that for wings. Sounds good though.

If we're talking about a good steak, I really don't want anything on it. Serving it in a puddle of burdandy demiglace is nice. On occasion I'll use a bit of 57 Sauce, especially if the steak isn't the greatest.

On prime rib, I do like a bit o' horseradish mixed with sour cream.

here there's an orchard that sells tons of produce, spices, jams, jellies etc... they also sell steak sauce and i found one i really like. Vidallia Onion Steak Sauce.
I also like to add A1 to meatloaf.

I like S&P only on my steak, and maybe a few sauteed mushrooms or caramalized onions on the side.
...catsup on my meatloaf!
...mustard, sweet pickle relish and a big slice of tomato on my burgers!
...grainy mustard and pepperoncini with my roast beef sandwich.

Like everyone else it all depends on what type of beef and in what form.

For a good steak I don't want anything other than salt and maybe pepper.

For hamburgers I like ketchup, tomatoes, onions and lots of other things.

I enjoy chimichurri on flank and skirt steak.

I love BBQ sauce on meatloaf.

Horseradish with prime rib -

Tarragon buerre blanc or roquefort sauce w/filet

Jack Daniels steak sauce w/burgers - yum! I also love to use a cheddar cheese spread on burgers instead of sliced cheese; just spread it on the bun, and the burger will start to melt it.

Gravy - lots and lots of gravy - with pot roast!

Fried mushrooms and onions with grilled steaks.

Hemmm, lets see, steak a pat of garlic herb butter, prime rib I love port wine aujus...I don't do burgers often, but love a thousand island, tomato, lettuce and a slice of nice sweet red onion,

kadesma:)

for filet, i like bernaise. for ribeye, A-1 or worcestershire. for sirloin, bleu cheese or horseradish.

Genrally, if I’m going to add anything to the steak, I do it before cooking, either a marinade or a rub. After cooking, at most just salt and pepper is quite sufficient. I mostly only buy ribeye steaks, and they have all the flavor needed. Steak sauces are only needed for the poorer cuts, IMO, and those I usually marinate. I don’t like to do anything to a good cut of beef that overpowers the natural flavor, I will just sometimes add enough to enhance it.:chef:

Back
Top Bottom