ISO Bobby Flay's Mesa Barbecue Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
Supposedly this sauce is almost the exact same thing as Cattleman's Texas Gold BBQ Sauce. I love this stuff. One of my coworkers used to make Bobby Flay's Mesa Barbecue Sauce, but he's since lost that recipe. It's from the Book "Boy Meets Grill". Does anyone have it? I've already searched the FN site, and didn't get any hits.

Don't know that it has anything to do with the Cattlemam's BBQ sauces (yep, Cattleman's Steak House is about 15-20 minutes from home - depends on traffic) but the Mesa BBQ Sauce isn't that hard to find on the FN website - http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_10508,00.html

If you don't want to bother going there ... here it is ....

Bobby Flay's MESA BBQ Sauce:

2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
1/2 medium red onion, finely diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
6 plum tomatoes, coarsely diced
1/4 cup ketchup
3 tablespoons dark molasses
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon cayenne
1 tablespoon ancho chile powder (available at Hispanic or specialty markets)
1 tablespoon pasilla chile powder (available at Hispanic or specialty markets)
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and sweat the onion and garlic until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and simmer 15 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer 20 minutes.

Puree the mixture in a food processor, pour into a bowl, and let cool at room temperature. May be refrigerated up to 1 week or frozen.

Thanks! I followed the link. I was searching for "Mesa Barbeque Sauce" and didn't think to run a search with "BBQ". That's why I didn't get any hits.

Back
Top Bottom