Post your desktop!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
img_116893_0_a8f8d8fd78c38e6c89d7299178b5f9a3.jpg

I could not resist posting this.

my desktop is sad. it has black and white WWII pics from Germany. i'm a history junkie. i'll have to have my Mom show me how to cut and paste it.

wasabi that is way cute! I will post mine if I can figure out how to do it.

img_117057_0_fee6bf25c800fb3122242f4a6b80f72c.jpg

Last edited:
lol, see the orange kitty? welp, alix stole my son, bean. just joking!! your cats are so cute!

Thanks luvs. I can't remember who sent me this pic, but I love it. Glad you liked it too.

I learn something new every day... It took some time, but I learned how to do this today.

Anyway... here's my desktop. This is a part of the Red Rock Canyon area near Las Vegas, where we went hiking last weekend.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
pdswife1 said:
It's beautiful Z. Can you tell me how you did it??

I'd be happy to.

Somewhere on your keyboard there is a key that says "Prnt Scrn" or some other abreviation to indicate that you can "print" your screen that is currently showing. If you hit that while your desktop is showing, it's like a copy/paste function. Nothing actually "happens" but, like when you copy something, the screen image is on a hidden clipboard.

Open another kind of document (Word, for example) and click 'paste' to put the image into the document. You should now SEE the image that you've copied.

From there you should be able to right click and save the image somewhere on your computer as a .jpg file like your other photographs. After you've done that you can just start a message here in this forum and click on "Manage Attachments" on the Additional Options below to upload the image to this site.

There are other ways once you have it as a .jpg, but this is (I believe) the easiest way.

I hope that helps.

Z.

Thanks Z. I'll give it a try tomorrow when my brain is awake again. It's been a long day.

darn it; i tried hitting the 'print screen sys rq' button but nothing came up. oh, well.:mellow: i'll definately have to have my Mom or my big Brother explain it to me.

luvs_food said:
darn it; i tried hitting the 'print screen sys rq' button but nothing came up. oh, well.:mellow: i'll definately have to have my Mom or my big Brother explain it to me.

It's like 'copy and paste'. (nothing happens when you 'copy'... you just know that it happened). After you hit the print screen key, open another document and hit 'paste'.

Well... z, I got my desktop to paste on to a word doc. but, when I tried to attach it to this posting it said that it wasn't the right kind of file. Thanks for your help though! I really love the way everyone helps out around here. It's a nice friendly place to be.

I'll get hubby to help me tonight when he gets home. He's great with computers.

Thanks again.

pdswife1 said:
Well... z, I got my desktop to paste on to a word doc. but, when I tried to attach it to this posting it said that it wasn't the right kind of file.

Well, you're halfway there... Once you can actually see the desktop in your new document you should be able to open the photo for editing using the "paint" function... Even if you don't do anything to it there, you can "Save As..." a .jpg image on your desktop or wherever else you store photos. Once you have it saved as a .jpg, you should be able to upload it. C'mon, keep playing with it. You'll get there.

I did it!
WOW!

Thanks Z. Couldn't have done it with out you.
I tried a few different settings for saving it and this is the only one
that was small enough to be posted. At least you'll can have an idea of
what my desktop looks like.

Good job :)

I'm proud of you. I think it's always more satisfying to figure things out on your own (even with 'remote' help) rather than having someone figure it out for you (or maybe that's just me).

Mine was initially too big to upload, too. But by editing THROUGH the paint program it converted it to a smaller version of it...

By the way... It's a cute picture. I'm glad you found out how to share.

Back
Top Bottom