Slow Cooker recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sage

Cook
I love my Slow cooker and use it a lot even for just the two of us.
I cook a roast or whatever and freeze half in the gravy for another meal.
Would love to hear about your recipes.

Crock-pot banana bread

This bread is steamed, so it is very moist, and fills the house with a wonderful aroma. If you do not have the Bread n' Bake pan you can use a 2 lb coffee can, cover the can with 8 paper towels then put the lid on the crock pot. ( I have never used the coffee can)

Banana Nut Bread

1/2 cup Butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
4 small, very ripe bananas, mashed ( about 2 cups)
3 tablespoons water or milk
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon soda
1/2 cups chopped nuts

Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add water and bananas. Thorughly mix in flour, soda and nuts. Pour into greased and flour Bread n' Cake Bake pan and cover. Bake in covered crock-pot on High 2 to 3 hours on until done.

Crock pot baked beans

Old-Fashioned Baked beans

1 lb. dried navy beans, ( I like to use dried large Lima beans)
1 medium onion finley chopped
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar packed
1/2 cup dark corn syrup
1 teas. peprika
1/2 teas. dried leaf basil ( I like to add a bit more- love basil)
1 lb smoked ham, bacon or salt pork, diced ( I use bacon)

Soak beans over night in 9 cups of water. Cook beans in water until softened. Draine and stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into crock pot. Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 12 hours or High for 3 to 4 hours.

Tip for us working folks. I get the sauce and bacon ready the night before and refrigerate. When I get up in the a.m. I start the beans cooking, low and crack the lid they will boil over if not careful. By the time I'm ready to leave for wok I drain the beans, add to crock-pot stir in sauce, and out the door. Salad, loaf of bead and you have a meal!

Back
Top Bottom