Alisha's Oven Beef Stew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BakersDozen

Senior Cook
* Exported from MasterCook *

Alisha's Oven Beef Stew

Recipe By :Alisha Priddy (sister-in-law)
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Entrees Soups

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 package beef stew meat -- cut in small pieces
1 medium onion -- sliced
4 potatoes -- peeled and cubed
4 carrots -- scraped and cut in
chunks
1 rib celery with leaves -- cut up
Salt and pepper to taste
2 teaspoons beef bouillon base
1/3 cup all-purpose flour -- or more
Water

Brown the beef cubes in alittle oil or butter; use a slotted spoon and place beef in a large, deep greased casserole or pan. Layer vegetables in order given and add the beef bouillon base, salt and pepper. Sprinkle flour over all and add enough water to cover. Cover with a lid or foil and bake at 350 F. for about 1-1/2 hours, or until beef and vegetables are tender and a gravy has formed. Stir about halfway thru baking. If gravy isn't thick enough, add abit more flour and let cook alittle longer. Serve with hot biscuits or cornbread.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 181 Calories; 4g Fat (17.4% calories from fat); 11g Protein; 26g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 21mg Cholesterol; 45mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable.

NOTES : I did mine in a deep cast-iron skillet. Its so good and makes a delicious gravy that permeates the vegetables.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Thankyou so much for this recipe. Today my dad came over and said"I'd like to try to make a stew. I've bought some stuff and I need a proper recipe" I of course said no problem and logged on here. Perfect!!! said Dad thats just the stew i want!!
So anyway he rang me last night so excited to tell me how well his stew went and what little additions he'd made to it (white wine).
This place is so wonderful. Thankyou.

Your welcome...

Hi Mrsmac...I'm glad your Dad enjoyed the stew. Sorry it took me awhile to get back to you...its been a hectic summer!:)

Bakersdozen

I think your recipe is the best one. However, I would add 2 cans of Reg. yellow corn and thicken the broth a little and serve with drop biscuits.

Thanks for the recipe.
Gman

Alisha's Oven Beef Stew sounds great and I will have to try it. Thank you so much for the receipe.

Have a great day.

Jill and Jolie

Hi...once again I must apologise for not posting in awhile. I'm so happy you all enjoyed Alisha's stew. And thanks for the tidbits to add next time I make it. We love it and I think its a great meal for a nice Fall day, or when the snow is flying. We like it with biscuits to "sop" up all that flavorful gravy!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom