Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic Chat (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f54/)
-   -   Leaving for 2 weeks (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f54/leaving-for-2-weeks-11301.html)

Chief Longwind Of The North 05-25-2005 04:22 PM

Leaving for 2 weeks

Gonna be leaving for California for two weeks on Sunday night. I'll be in touch between then and now, and again when I get back home.

I want to apologize for not taking a more active part over the last few months. My life has been so busy with added community involvement, church responsibilities, work, and most of all just familial duties. I have purposely ignored postings asking for help, where I could have helped due to a lack of time, not that I think I'm all that or nything. But I really enjoy helping anyone who has a question that I have knowledge about, and love learning from everyone's input. That's why I get on the DC site. The comraderie is fun too, and this is a bunch of freindly and eager people. I wish the world was more like our virtual world. Anyways, I want to quickly browse the topics, and then I have to go again. There's always way too much to do in my life. But that's better than being bored and stagnant by far. :smile:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

PA Baker 05-25-2005 04:35 PM

Don't you worry, Goodweed, we still love you! As you've said to others before, family is most important, along with all of the other day-to-day responsibilities you have. We'll always be here for you and always look forward to your posts--you have so much to share!

Have a wonderful trip to CA and travel safely!

luvs 05-25-2005 04:55 PM

have a great time, weed, and don't forget to stop by the sammich shop sometimes!:smile:

middie 05-25-2005 05:30 PM

have a safe and pleasant trip goodweed. we'll see ya when you get back !

texasgirl 05-25-2005 06:20 PM

Have fun in California!!!

kadesma 05-25-2005 06:29 PM

Have a wonderful time GW, enjoy yourself and relax as much as possible. Will see ya when you return.kadesma:smile:

SierraCook 05-25-2005 09:53 PM

Welcome to California when you get here, Goodweed. I hope that you are not planning on going to the mountains above about 7,000 feet. You won't make it in some places. Too much snow. I tried to drive out to one of my projects today and had to turn around due to the snow. :mad: All the rivers and streams a running full. That is the good thing about the snow.
Have fun here, SC. :smile:

Dove 05-25-2005 11:34 PM

Here in the Valley we were 96* today..from one extreme to the other. I sure hope Goodweed is heading for the Coast..Just where are you going Goodweed?? Have you been to California before? The nights are cool just about everywhere so be sure to pack a light weight jacket..depending on where you will be, you might need something warmer.
Dove

choclatechef 05-26-2005 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PA Baker
Don't you worry, Goodweed, we still love you! As you've said to others before, family is most important, along with all of the other day-to-day responsibilities you have. We'll always be here for you and always look forward to your posts--you have so much to share!

Have a wonderful trip to CA and travel safely!

ITA. You said what I would have said!:lol:

AllenOK 05-26-2005 07:54 AM

Have a good trip, Goodweed! Hurry Back! I fully understand about being stretched in so many places. I have three small children at home, and they take a lot of my time while I'm here.