Pink Kitchen Aid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw that one at Williams Sonoma on Sunday - I went crazy for it too!
(although I just got my black one in November, so I won't be getting another any day soon)

As I read this, I'm having my pink counter tops removed so that they can install the lovely sand colored Corian counters this Friday. This will mark the end of the pink in my home. When we moved in here, this place was a pink nightmare - 1500 square feet of pink carpeting, pink counters, 480 square feet of pink flowered no-wax flooring, pink and blue shiny wallpaper in the dining room, pink borders in all the rooms, a pink bathroom, and a pinkish cast to all the painted walls. The pink counter tops are the last to go, and I couldn't be happier. Now don't get me wrong - pink has its place. A rosy glow in your cheeks or used in moderation in clothing it can be very nice. But my Artisan is white, and I'm fine with that.

BC

Isn't the pink one also associated with the breast cancer donations? I think somewhere I saw that a certain amount of proceeds from the pink one go to breast cancer research.

Pink is sooo cute!

Yes, a certain percentage for the pink appliances go to the Susan G. Korman foundation.

I think you'll enjoy it luvs!

No, mine isn't pink (it's green and the 6-qt Pro bowl-lift model). Although I strongly support the "Cook for the Cure" program - somehow being an old divorced guy I thought I would have to spend way too much time trying to explain to my friends why I had a pink mixer.

BlueCat said:
As I read this, I'm having my pink counter tops removed so that they can install the lovely sand colored Corian counters this Friday. This will mark the end of the pink in my home. When we moved in here, this place was a pink nightmare - 1500 square feet of pink carpeting, pink counters, 480 square feet of pink flowered no-wax flooring, pink and blue shiny wallpaper in the dining room, pink borders in all the rooms, a pink bathroom, and a pinkish cast to all the painted walls. The pink counter tops are the last to go, and I couldn't be happier. Now don't get me wrong - pink has its place. A rosy glow in your cheeks or used in moderation in clothing it can be very nice. But my Artisan is white, and I'm fine with that.

BC

ummm sounds like the idiot's mother's house. did you buy the house from a woman named ruth ??? :LOL:

middie said:
ummm sounds like the idiot's mother's house. did you buy the house from a woman named ruth ??? :LOL:

No, it wasn't Ruth. :LOL: Actually, it was 'decorated' (I use that term loosely) by the original owner, who's husband was a career military man. I always wondered how a soldier type could have lived with all that pink.

BC

i wonder how her husband lives with it too. i guess it's either live with the pink or live with her crying all the time lol

BlueCat said:

BC

LOL - I bet you are happy!

She's pretty luvs.

Michael, my house (and all the identically matched ones on my street) were built in 1955. I have the original pink bathtub, which I actually like. The previous owners pulled out the remaining pink, but my neighbor has it - it's a pink sink, pink loo and pink and grey tiles.

The worst thing about this house (aside from no cable and no a/c) was the walls that had been sponge-painted baby pink and baby blue in the entry way and all down the hallway.

Back
Top Bottom