Orange-Ginger Beef Stir-Fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
Ingredients:
3/4 lb. (12 oz.) beef flank steak, cut into strips
2 tsp. cornstarch
3 Tbsp. orange marmalade
3/4 tsp. ground ginger
1 Tbsp. canola oil
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen broccoli florets, thawed
1 can (8 oz.) sliced water chestnuts, drained
1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
2 cups hot cooked MINUTE Brown Rice
1/4 cup PLANTERS Dry Roasted Peanuts

Directions:
PLACE steak strips in medium bowl. Sprinkle with cornstarch; toss to coat. Add marmalade and ginger; stir until well blended.
HEAT oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add steak mixture; stir-fry 4 to 5 minutes or until steak is cooked through. Reduce heat to medium-low.
ADD broccoli, water chestnuts and soy sauce; mix well. Cover; simmer 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently.
SERVE over rice; sprinkle with peanuts.

This sounds interesting Constance. Have you made it? Think water chestnuts would be good in there too?

I haven't tried it yet Alix. We don't get flank steak around here, but I was thinking of trying it with some venison, since we have a freezer full.

middie said:
must be alix. it's one of the ingredients lol

Heeheehee! Caught me middie, I didn't read THAT very carefully did I? LOL! I read it TWICE too! How embarrassing. I am trying to decide if my kids will eat this. Sometimes fruity flavours with savoury dishes throw them off. It looks like something I would like to try though.

Constance, let us know what you think when you try it would you? I bet the venison would be good in it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom