Jury Summons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
AAGGHHHH:ohmy:
I have to serve on the petit jury on Wednesday.
At least now, I live in a smaller county, I had to go sit from 8am to 6pm in Dallas County and driving down there was nightmare!! This one is only about 20-30 minutes away.

Paul's on jury duty
in June. He's feeling about the same way Texasgirl.
We usally have to go down to Seattle but, this time it's in our
own town! Yippee!!!

I've been summoned for grand jury duty next week in a court that is 40 miles away, straight into jaw-grinding traffic. If selected, I may have to serve 1 to 3 days a week for 6 to 18 months.

Wow, I really feel for you, mudbug.

Mine is just petit juror, so, I doubt very seriously that I will be there more than that day. I hope not, my son graduates Thursday from high school.

mudbug said:
I've been summoned for grand jury duty next week in a court that is 40 miles away, straight into jaw-grinding traffic. If selected, I may have to serve 1 to 3 days a week for 6 to 18 months.[/QUOTe

WOW! I think everyone should do jury duty. But asking you to give 18 months is a little much!

I read the thing wrong. It's 1 to 3 days a month for 6 to 18 months. But that term can be extended by court order.

I actually don't mind doing this much - grand juries hear about potential federal crimes (my court is the one Zacarias Moussaoui was tried in), so it could be interesting.

The two worst parts are going to be the commute and having to find and wear some pantyhose (the instructions say to dress as if you were attending an important business meeting).

i almost had to serve jury trial last summer, but at the last minute they decided to agree to binding arbitration, thank god. it feels like it always get hit up by the government... the IRS has already been after me because 2 years ago they sent me the tax return for the wrong Dave Montgomery, and it was over $2500! I didn't cash it of course, but we called them an told them we had it, and they basically blew us off. So 2 summers later they start calling my parents and asking for me because I'm on their watchlist or something! I'm thinking to myself, "guys get your stuff together!" i made like $4000 a year, tops, back in high school, and i never cashed the check.

On top of that, I went to opn up a new bank account with a new bank b/c they one i used to go to screwed me around all the time, and I found out that i couldn't open the account b/c someone downstate already had an acount with them with my SSN! It ended up being a typo in their database, but man that was a pain to clear up.

college_cook said:
i almost had to serve jury trial last summer, but at the last minute they decided to agree to binding arbitration, thank god. it feels like it always get hit up by the government... the IRS has already been after me because 2 years ago they sent me the tax return for the wrong Dave Montgomery, and it was over $2500! I didn't cash it of course, but we called them an told them we had it, and they basically blew us off. So 2 summers later they start calling my parents and asking for me because I'm on their watchlist or something! I'm thinking to myself, "guys get your stuff together!" i made like $4000 a year, tops, back in high school, and i never cashed the check.

On top of that, I went to opn up a new bank account with a new bank b/c they one i used to go to screwed me around all the time, and I found out that i couldn't open the account b/c someone downstate already had an acount with them with my SSN! It ended up being a typo in their database, but man that was a pain to clear up.

If you are located where you will be able to get your free credit report, DO IT NOW. If the bank can make a mistake like that , anyone can.

I went into the petit court at 9am,

3 of the 5 that wanted a jury because they didn't think that their traffic ticket was their fault, walked in, saw 50 jurors and decided to settle right then.
The other 2 didn't show up. Judge dismissed us at 10am:LOL:
I wish all of mine will go that way:ROFLMAO:

(insert naughty word here)!!!
After reading this conversation again Paul went and got the mail... in it was MY call to jury duty. DOWN TOWN Seattle!! ( think big trials, murders, robberies, rapes!!!) 8:00 am in the freaking morning! And when do they want me to come? JULY 13th. When is our vacation set up for?? We leave July 8th and hadn't planned on coming home until at least the 20th maybe, even longer. Paul's off work for the rest of the summer. (More naughty words maybe inserted here) I'm going to write them today and try to get it postponed but, since we were just driving and camping around Oregon and Mt. I bet they say NO. I sure wish I had a plane ticket going somewhere far far away..... )*#)*&)&~!!

I'm so glad your's went quickly texas! What a relief.

oh no, pds. I HATE that!!!
Maybe you can find a loophole. Look at the exemptions that they allow and use one :eek:)

Oh believe me I'm looking... (hard to see through the tears though, lol)...

Anyone know how to fake a death certificate??

The funny thing is they say jury selection is random in our area... doesn't it seem weird that both Paul and I got notices in the same week??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom