Have you tried this sparerib recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

auntieshelly

Senior Cook
I came across this recipe and am wondering if anyone has cooked spareribs like this. It sounds easy and I like the idea of not having to use a store bought barbeque sauce. Let me know what you think.

EASY BAKED SPARERIBS
4 lbs. pork spareribs
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 medium onions, sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 teaspoons vinegar
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper( more or less to taste)
1 teaspoon chili powder
3/4 cup ketchup
3/4 cup water

Cut ribs into serving-size pieces and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in roasting pan and cover with onions. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over ribs. Cover pan with foil and bake at 350ºF for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Baste occasionally and turn once or twice. Remove cover last 10-15 minutes to brown ribs. Serves 4-6.

I haven't made this exact recipe but have a Hawaiian Rib recipe very similar in baking style. This looks really good!

The ribs sound great and I make mine alot like that, except, rather than browning them in the oven at the end, I put them on a smoking grill for about the same amount of time in the end. As an aside, to get the grill smoking, and I use a gas Weber, I soak some wood chips in a small cast iron pan for about an hour, drain, and heat the grill to 500 and the chips will soon start smoking. Lower grill temp and then finish off the ribs. The cast iron pan is used exclusively for this purpose and, in fact, even keep it outside on the shelf below the grill.

Back
Top Bottom