What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
32 degrees! wow, that`s a good day in my greenhouse mid summer! :)

I fear you would freeze to death living in the UK :(

YT2095 said:
it is hitting parts of Europe pretty hard, ours started here at roughly 4am this morning, there are cars smashed with trees, and roofs like Caras here too.
this weather lately is Well Freaky!
Where in the UK do you live YT? I know, central, but where, my geography is bad, very bad. Yes the weather freaks me out, just hearing the howling wind outside is terrible. I am off back to the tropics(I wish!)

11Kms west of Birmingham, in a town called Tipton.

and like yourself, I can tollerate most things weatherwise, but I hate the wind, Rain, Snow, Thunder storms etc... bring it on :)
just leave the wind out the equasion :)

Birmingham area ?!All that windy stormy stuff taking place there? don't envy you. My outlaws(sorry in-laws) live in Bristol so was wondering. Anyway you two wrap up well and hope the wind dies out.

It's 22 degrees...forecast Lake Effect Snow. The snow may be heavy and end late tomorrow Saturday. Sunday should be better. No snow in the forecast. It's soup and homemade bread time for us.

Its about 4 degrees (Celsius) and very cloudy with a gentle breeze where I live ( west coast of BC.)

It's 32C here today and very humid, lots of rain in the middle of Australia [most unusual] and still plenty of bush fires down south. Victoria has had over 1 million hectares [almost 4,000 sq miles] burnt out so far. We have fire fighters from New Zealand and Canada helping to try and control them but it's pretty hopless, they're just saving the towns in the path of the fires.

Last edited:
Constance, Germany is still okay... some regions went off power, heard from a friend in another forum they didn't had power for 31h...

The German Railway "Bahn" stopped their transport in whole G, we had a friend stranded at Hannover station on her way to Berlin, she stayed with us for the night.. well, long time, no see, but I would have liked a better reason for this :)

here at the Kronsberg a few houses lost their outer roofs... the houses are topped with concrete and over this there is the Isolation with a Aluskin to protect against rain.. and this outer part got lost.
Today the tilers are on the house, trying to fix something and make it sure against the next storm approaching... :rolleyes:

I'll add a picture of our yard, middle left is the Aluskin und middle top the wodden body.. the yellow spots are the isolation...

Attachments

• Innenhof.jpg
    Innenhof.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 257
Sorry to hear about all the storms in northern Europe. Hope you're all OK. I live near Barcelona. Today has been ridiculous: 22ºC in the shade and way too hot for my two black cats to bask in the sun for long. Rather than the middle of January, it feels like the middle of May. We've had no rain to speak of for ages and there's very little snow up in the Pyrenees, so we're likely to have severe water shortages in the summer. The temperatures are forecast to fall tomorrow, but if anyone's got any rain they'd like to send our way, it would be very welcome.

What a great post! Coombines 2 of my passions...cooking and weather!
It's freezing right now in New York City, 27 degrees but as of yet we are still awaiting our first meaningful snow of the season. We had a snow shower yesterday but nothing really stuck and it only snowed for an hour.

It's 52°F here in the Arizona desert, and I'm cold. I feel like a sissy saying that when the temps are so much lower everywhere else. My sister is freezing in Texas at 27°F with snow showers.

Our first snow of the season so I really can't gripe.

Yep, this site is really screwed up at the moment. I hope the computer wonks, who I am sure are working very hard today, will get it fixed pretty soon.

Yep, auntdot - first snow of the season and most of the schools promptly close.
But I should not sneer too much - staying home myself today because there's too much ice between me and the main highway.

Well, as forecast, the temperatures are dropping. From being outdoor sunbathers, all the cats want to do is flop on top of me. Not easy given that there are four of them.

We had a brief shower today and by Thursday snow is expected across all of northern Catalonia, not just the Pyrenees. That'll be a shock. Wonder how the cats will take that. I'm about to bring my wormery in to keep it in the bathroom during this cold snap. Hope none of the worms try to make a bid for freedom...

WACKY, WACKY, WACKY! Snowball-making in Malibu (So. California) recently :huh: . By the end of the week, hopefully, back to strappy sandals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom