Mega Fires

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SierraCook

Master Chef
The Weather Channel is showing two programs this month about wildland fires. All times are Eastern.

Also, as a reminder as you and your family are enjoying the great outdoors this summer, please be careful with fire. Thanks!!

SC :)

Mega Fires: Wildfires are getting worse. Super-intense, catastrophic forest fires have become a frightening trend in recent years. They’re so common that Firefighters have coined a name for them - Mega Fires.

Living with Wildfires: Minimizing the threat of Mega Fires helps restore forests and rangelands.

Times to Watch

Mega Fires: June 20 at 7P, June 22 at 9P and 12A, June 23 at 12P, June 24 at 7P, June 25 at 1 and 4P.​

Living with Wildfires: June 20 at 7:30P, June 22 at 9:30P and 12:30A, June 23 at 12:30P, June 24 at 7:30P, June 25 at 1:30 and 4:30P.

WHAT TO EXPECT?

· Educating the public in the many aspects of managing wildland fire.

· Introducing the role of fire use and other treatments in reducing the impacts of wildland fire.

· Emphasis on the impact to human life and property.

· Enlighten people on living with wildland fire in the wildland urban interface.

· Programs done in partnership between the United States Forest Service and The Weather Channel.

http://www.weather.com/newscenter/specialreports/forecastearth/ontwc.html

Thanks! One of our favorite vacations was one we took a few years ago to Montana.

We didn't know it when we left home ( we drove) but, by the time we got there the fires were going strong. I know how much damage was done and I feel bad feeling this way but, it was really a wonderful experience. The night sky was beautiful with the fires burning brightly. We stopped more than a few times to watch the fires that were right beside the road, often throwing dirt on them .. a worthless try to slow them down... They are memories that our family will never forget.

030526.018.gif

Thanks Sierra!

thanks sc, i'll be on the lookout for it.

i have volunteered at some forest fires upstate (NY) a few times. it's hard, dangerous work. but when you go back, even a year later and see new growth, it's all worth it...

bucky, you are right it is hard and dangerous work. I was driving through the 50,000 acre fire that we had on my district 11 years ago. Some areas have started growing trees back really well. In other areas the brush is outcompeting the trees.

I hope that everyone has a fun and safe summer.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom