Le Creuset - not indestructable after all!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paint

Senior Cook
After last weeks excitement with the arrival of my new french oven, I was even more excited about the arrival of my 12" skillet yesterday - again got everything ready to cook something in it to try it out. This time, it arrived well before dog-walking time.....but had a big crack down one side!! I mean, this crack went all the way through the cast iron!! I shudder to think what sort of violent abuse this poor pan went through before it arrived at my house, I felt quite upset for it :wacko:. Now I have to go through the hassle of sending it back and waiting for a replacement - Oh Bother!!!:mad:

Paint.

that sucks, paint. faulty products are unacceptable, IMO. at least you got to return it.
grrr, i just had to return some wineglasses to williams-ssonoma.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune!

Most people think just because it is heavy, cast iron is unbreakable. They do not realize that a sharp knock in the wrong place, or thermal shock can crack it!

I e-mailed cutlery & more straight away - about 10 minutes after it was delivered and they are already sending me a replacement - they told me to keep the damaged one until my replacement arrives, then if Le Creuset wants it back, they will send a pre-paid shipping label, if not, then I can just throw it away. I think that's pretty good customer service don't you?

Paint.

Back
Top Bottom