My tattoo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i'm going out tonite to look through a couple of artists' portfolios, but i think i've found the guy that i want to do my ink.
i'm also stopping at the beer store later to ask the one lady who works there where she got her ink.(and to pick up some beer....:whistling) she has some awesome tattoos.
i'll either be getting an indigo blue crucifix with Jesus on it, with the words, 'he died for our sins' underneath it in gothic letters, or else Japanese characters that stand for 'God's Grace' in jet black.
i can't wait.

Last edited:
And where are you going to put it?? I always like the ones on the lower back.

Well, alcohol thins your blood, thus you bleed more, and the tattoo scabs up more.

Too much scabing over can leave it scared.

middie said:
i wish i knew how to paste pics so i could show you guys mine.

Here's what you do:

Just below the area where you normally type your messages, there is a button that says "Manage Attachments" (by the way... you can't do this from 'Quick Reply'). Click that button. Another window will open with a number of buttons that say "Browse" on them. Click the top one. Another window will open (probably says 'choose file' at the top of it). Just under where it says 'choose file' there is a drop-down menu that says "Look in:" where you should be able to find a picture that is located somewhere on your computer. Once you find the picture file you want to attach, you can just double click on it and the file name will be entered onto the "Browse" line of the original window that opened for you. Then you click "upload" and wait a few seconds. You'll know when it is attached... then close the window.

NOW, when you look below the box you're typing in... you should see the file (picture)'s name above the "Manage Attachments" button. Just finish what you're typing and then hit the "Submit Reply" button.

I'm sure this sounds more complex than it really is (especially to someone who hasn't done it yet)... but give it a try. It's really easy and I'm sure you'll be posting pictures like a madwoman soon. :)

Attachments

• cake.JPG
    cake.JPG
    254.7 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
Rainee said:
Well, alcohol thins your blood, thus you bleed more, and the tattoo scabs up more.

Too much scabing over can leave it scared.

Very true! Plus before you get your ink, most places have you sign a paper saying you aren't under the influence of alcohol or anything else. That helps cover them in the future. Ya know, just in case you get drunk & wake up with a tattoo you don't remember getting, you can't sue them for giving it to you without your permission.

pdswife said:
What's yours middie??

pds i have 3. one is on my upper left side of my chest of a rose.
my second is on my left leg on my lower calf about 4-5 inches above my ankle of an eagle flying with a heart in it's talons.
my third is on my lower back. it's a purple and blue tribal thing that branches out on the sides with a wolf head in the center.

pds, i was going to get it on my lower back, but now i'm thinking of getting it on my belly under my peg tube. i'm just worried about it stretching out when i get pregnant. but a few of my friends have belly tattoos that shrunk to a relatively normal size after thier babies were born.
rainee, i know you can't drink before you get it done. i heard that years ago. i didn't drink before my piercings so that i wouldn't bleed. i still got dizzy when they pierced my tongue, though.

middie said:
my third is on my lower back. it's a purple and blue tribal thing that branches out on the sides with a wolf head in the center.

Take a picture of that one, I bet it's cool looking. I love wolves. Too chicken myself to get on done:LOL: besides, DH would kill me. He doesn't even have one.

ah texas i'd have killed the idiot if he told me i couldn't get one. i'm a wolf fanatic. tats aren't that bad but then again it depends where you get them. the one on my leg hurt alot more than the one on my back. the one on my chest hurt the worst i think though.

I have only one thing to say about tattoos.............................................................................. ........................................................................................ ........................................................................................ .................................................................................................................................................................... ........................................................................................ .................................................................................................................................................................... ........................................................................................ .................................................................................................................................................................... ........................................................................................ .................................................................................................................................................................... ........................................................................................ .................................................................................................................................................................... ........................................................................................ ............................................................................

OUCHIE!!!!
Hmmm that didn't work out so hot:wacko:

Icy, they aren't that bad really. I have one on my right hip & I bairly felt a thing. As a matter of fact, I sat there singing Aerosmith songs with the lady who was doing it. The only thing that made me slightly uncomfortable was the fact that my back side was on display for some total strangers who decided to see what I was getting while they were waiting on someone.

crewsk said:
Icy, they aren't that bad really. I have one on my right hip & I bairly felt a thing. As a matter of fact, I sat there singing Aerosmith songs with the lady who was doing it. The only thing that made me slightly uncomfortable was the fact that my back side was on display for some total strangers who decided to see what I was getting while they were waiting on someone.

I would die if my big butt was showing to anyone:ohmy:

icy like i said it all depends on where you get them. i thought the one on my back would hurt like the dickens cause of the bones from my spine. i hardly felt anything.

LOL I swore to myself after I got my ears pierced by a friend when I was in Navy. She used a piece of soap and a needle. I am such a wimp, AND proud of it. :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :mrgreen: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom