White Truffle Oil

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm have any squeeky doors? :LOL: I honestly have no clue but people seem to treasure that stuff.

goodgiver said:
Someone gave me a bottle of white truffle oil. What in the world do I do with it ?:ermm:
Goodgiver,
when I make rissoto, after I've finished it and put it in the serving dish, I drizzle a little over the top..It has a slight garlicky taste and seems to make the flavors of the food more intense.
Kadesma:)
It can also be used over pasta dishes that arent highly flavored, maby just simple grilled veggies and grilled chicken breasts that has ben shredded or diced...Hope this helps a little.

Whatever you do, do NOT cook with it. Drizzle it on almost any type of dish to give it a boost in flavor. Experiment with different types of flavors. The only thing that it really wouldn't go with is spicy food because the heat will overpower the taste of the truffle oil. It's really good on almost any type of Mediterranean or Euro-Asian type foods. Make sure that if you do add it as a finishing touch to cooked food (i.e. pasta or risotto) make sure you add it off the heat when the dish is finished cooking.

Well I'm not sure what type of truffle it was (black/white oil, or wholle truffles.) but I THINK I remember hearing something about scrambled eggs. I don't think it would begood by itself but maybe in some version on scrambled eggs. I'm really not sure.

Goodgiver, you can drizzle some truffle oil on sauteed mushrooms, mushroom risotto, mushroom pasta, cream of mushroom soup, mushroom sauce (for steaks). This will intensify the flavors of most earthy-flavored dishes and and may raise the level of your dish to gourmet status...! I've had foie gras, duck breast, and tenderloin steak that came drizzled with truffle oil at fine dining restaurants. With truffle oil, it's always a gastronomic experience.

Back
Top Bottom