Rec... Frozen Peach Shortcake Squares

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

middie

Chef Extraordinaire
hey guys i saw this recipe in the Kraft Food and Family magazine and thought it sounded really good especially with most everyone having 90+ degree days so i'm sharing it with you all

1 8 oz tub cool whip, thawed
1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
1 package (4 serving size) Jell-O brand peach gelatine, unprepared
4 cups poundcake, cut up into cubes
1/4 cup raspberry preserves
12 small peach slices
12 raspberries

Stir whipped topping, ice cream, and dry gelatin in large bowl until well blended. Stir in cubes of poundcake and spoon into an 8 inch square pan.

Freeze for 3 hours or until firm.

Drizzle with raspberry preserves. Cut into squares. Top each square with 1 peach slice and 1 raspberry. Store leftover dessert in freezer.

Makes 12 servings, 1 square each.

( and it say to avoid using a microwave to thaw the cool whip. it says to place unopened tub in the fridge for 4 hours. )

Sounds nummy num num. I can even tweak it and make it with sugarfree jello and preserves. :) :) TY TY TY

Hey Middie and Icy, you can cut the calories even more with the low sugar cool whip.I use it all the time and we like it even better than the original.. I just got that magazine to Middie and some of the stuff looked reallt good... I even tried the roasted corn with the mayo and parmesan and i enjoyed it that way.

kadesma:) Thanks for posting

I haven't found the low sugar coolwhip yet. Have heard about it but can't find. :( I also heard that you can get either low sugar or sugar free pound cake that I want to get.

AND I know there are some really good tasting sugar free ice creams out there and that makes it even less sugar.

I never know when sugar is going to make me sick, so the less sugar in a recipe for me the better. :)

Back
Top Bottom