Are you going on a vacation this summer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Where are you going on your summer vacation?

• I'm going to a different country! (Hope I know how to speak the language!)

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • I'm going out of the State or Province.

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • I'm staying within the state, but it's quite far

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I'm going to my relative's city for a great family time!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wooo Wooo...I'm taking the train!

• I'm leaving on a jet plane......

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I'm traveling by car, so I'll probably see some really great stuff along the way!

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Get out the lifevests, I'm taking a cruise!

• I'm abitious, and am bicycling through quite a bit of land.

• Vacation? What's that?

Votes: 15 57.7%

• Total voters
Only in my dreams, jkath:ermm:

3.gif

jkath said:
Are you going on a vacation this summer?

We're going to Vegas for a week.

Hey!! I can only pick one of the options!!! (as opposed to a couple)

We just got back from a week in Wisconsin - we're going on vacation over the 4th of July for a week up north, and in August we're spending a couple of days in Vegas. Where's the option for that one??? :-p

John

jkath said:
We're going to Vegas for a week.

I LIVE on vacation, J! Whoo Hoo!!!

I hope you have a wonderful time when you're here. (I'm sure it will be difficult, but I'm equally sure you're up to the challenge)...

I have no plans to get away... I usually do more of that during ski season.

My vaction plans are a little iffy right now. We normally go to Myrtle Beach every summer with my parents but we may not be able to get the place we normally stay at. So, if we can't do that mom wants us all to go to Tennesee. I do know that hubby, the kids & I are taking a few days to go to FIL's camper near Lake Murray during the week of the 4th. Hubby has to work at his company's sub-office in Columbia that week so he'll be taking the 45 minute or so drive there every day. The kids & I will be in the pool while he's at work.

So far the plan is.... to head down to Oregon on July 10. We're meeting Paul's bro and his wife at the Oregon Country fair. We'll spend the weeked with them and then take off camping for a few weeks. We haven't decided if we'll head to Eastern Oregon or to Canada or Montana or just come back to Washington and head over to the Eastern side of the state.

UNLESS, Paul gets the job that he interviewed for Friday. ( please cross your fingers that he does!!!) If he gets the job we'll just go hiking and camping during the weekends, close to home.

A long vacation sounds wonderful but, having my hubby employed full time at a real job with insurance and all the other benefits sounds even better to me. I'm tired of watching the bank account go down instead of UP. :) :)!!

I expect this vacation will be bittersweet. We are renting a house in the Outer Banks for the week of 4th of July, springing a surprise on a friend who isn't expecting us to be there (his wife is in on the surprise).

This fellow and Handy Husband were tight for years - co-leading Scout troops together and generally raising other kinds of he!!. He graciously allowed me to marry his buddy and move away from Memphis. We would see him when we went back for the BBQ contests for several years running, but haven't been back in a while now. He was recently diagnosed with cancer and isn't doing too well, so this may well be our last time together. I hope not.

It's sad that he's not doing well mudbug.. but, I bet you the joy of seeing you and your hubby will make him feel much better. Have a great time.

I have nothing planned out so far. My friends and I will probably just take a few days off here and there and go driving to nearby places (Vegas, San Fran, Tahoe, San Diego, etc.) a few times this summer.

I supposedly have a dog who is dying. She's my husbands first dog, and no way can I leave her with someone or put her in a kennell. I haven't had what I consider a vacation in ages (much as I enjoy them, camping and visits to relatives simply aren't vacations. Vacations involve restaurants, room service, mini-bars, maid service, and to be honest, much as I love them, no freinds or family, just my husband. And a foreign country, preferably Europe, is even better).

We have about 4 or 5 weeks of vacation time left this year so we do plan on using them. We will go to Florida to visit my grandparents sometime in the winter. My in-laws are planning on renting a beach house for a week this summer either in Rockport or Cape Cod or maybe somewhere in Maine like Ogunquit or Wells. We will spend some time with them there if they do that. The rest of the time we will probably spend at our pool which is fine by me :)

i WAS going to go to pa to visit my mom. but she decided she was coming to ohio to see us that same week i had planned on going there.

mudbug said:
You have four or five weeks LEFT????!!!!!

Now I really really want your job.
Well this year we switched over to paid time off instead of vacation time, sick time, personal time, etc. Both my wife and I have been with the company for almost 6 years so last year we earned an extra 5 days of time each year. Neither of us get sick very often so we can now use that as vacation time now that it is all just paid time off, plus we has sick days and vacation days that we did not use last year that were rolled over to this year. Yeah I am looking forward to taking advantage of all that time off. We are halfway through the year and we have only taken a day or two so far.

We had planned on going to either Charleston, Washington D.C., or Williamsburg, or at least to Myrtle Beach (we love it but had wanted to do something different this year, and James has never been to any of the other three), but we can't. Money is a big problem this year, but my classes put the final stop on it. I would have to have guaranteed computer access every day (well, at least 4 days a week). Some of the people in my class have accessed the class from libraries and hotel rooms, but they have had a lot of problems. I really won't know any more until I actually start my next class (it runs from June 28th through August 8th, which is my whole vacation "window," since summer school ends June 30th and school starts August 9th. We may be able to squeeze a couple days in at Myrtle Beach. I really hope to be able to go back to California to see my family someday soon. We haven't seen our grandkids (or daughter Nancy and the rest of my family) in 2 years.

:) Barbara

Well, the h called and our 4th of July week in Vegas plans were cancelled...
but I made more calls and got an even better deal for mid August. Can you say "1 week in Vegas (Mirage & Flamingo) for a total of $85"? Dang, I'm good!

You are good jkath! James is good at making deals too. He will have to get together with you if we ever get to go out to Vegas. Maybe we can get an even better deal! I love Las Vegas!

:) Barbara

I get offers almost weekly from all the hotels. I've learned that you get a free player's card at every place, and use it! (We hadn't ever played at NY, NY, but since they are owned by MGM/Mirage, we got a free 3 nights' stay package with them in the spring.)
It's so much more fun spending money on the kids than on the hotels!

Back
Top Bottom