Poll: What is your favorite vegetable

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What VEGGIES do you like the best?

• Root (potato, carrot, turnip, onion, etc)

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • Squash (yellow, zucchini, acorn squash, etc)

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Leafy (spinach, romaine, chicory, etc)

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Stalks (celery, rhubarb, asparagus)

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Pepper (Bell, jalepeno, chile, etc)

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Legume (green bean, pea, wax bean, etc)

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Others (artichoke, cactus leaves, eggplant etc)

Votes: 8 16.3%

• Total voters
My personal favorite veggie isn't on the poll. It's the kind that I don't have to eat! :-p I never grew up, I guess, because I still don't like veggies.

I had a hard time picking because my favorites fit into different categories and I love so many veggies. I hope my daughter takes after me and her mom in that respect.

It's a hard question to answer... I like so many veggies. Different ones at different times.

oh man, here we go. what are fruits, and what are veggies? btw, jkath, you should add a category for cruciferous veggies, one for the nightshades (ok, they're really fruit but thought of as veggies), and one for exotics like asian or south american.

dried beans peas lentils etc, green leafies, and winter roots. Love parsnips roasted with anything.

man, that's hard to say. i love them all, 'cept for raw bell peppers.
buttered zucchini with salt and pepper rank very high on my list.

Andy M. said:
So where are the tomatoes? Or, are you being botanically correct and calling them fruits?

My thoughts exactly!!! What kind of a veggie poll doesn't include tomatoes??? :ohmy:

Humm ... does "Others" include avacados and bean sprouts, jkath? :whistling

Okay - I voted for others because it included eggplant.

I really can't think of a veggie I don't like!

ps8 said:
My personal favorite veggie isn't on the poll. It's the kind that I don't have to eat! :-p I never grew up, I guess, because I still don't like veggies.

me either ps8... if it's not a potato or corn i won't touch it lol

HanArt said:
My thoughts exactly!!! What kind of a veggie poll doesn't include tomatoes??? :ohmy:

that's what i meant by nightshades (eggplants, green peppers, tomatoes, etc., and all are really fruit, not veg., the only nightshade veg is a potato, and that's a tuber)

and cruciferous includes cabbages, cauliflower, broccoli, brussel sprouts, kohlrabi, kale, etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom