Hi Everyone......I'm back!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
Boy I was starting to have discusscooking withdrawals :LOL: Well we got all moved into dads on the 7th....the day we closed on the house. I'm happy to report as right now we're completey debt free. I can't begin to tell you how good it felt to write those checks and then tell the card companies......cancel my account. Never.....Never.....Never will I have another credit card again. Just too easy to see something you want and not have the free cash and say, "Charge It". I had the one for 13 years.....I can't even imagine how much money they made off of me in interest. Heck I bet I was still paying on that shirt I'd bought 13 years ago :LOL: . Anyway, for those who are thinking about getting one......stop and banish that idea quickly. If I can't pay for it with cash, check or my debit card then forget it I don't need it. I should note that doesn't include a house or vehicles though.....kind of need them :) Besides a debit card works just like a credit card so if I need to make reservations and they need a credit card I can use the debit card.
Ok enough motherly advice......if I'd been smart I'd of listened and followed that advice above as it was my father who tried to instill that in me early on in my life but I didn't listened. And as always not listening to him cost me.
Glad to be back. I have a lot to catch up on reading wise I see.

Hello Sizz!! I'm so glad your back
3.gif
I bet it feels good to be debt free!!!I have the same philosophy, if I don't have the cash, then I don't need it!!
you have to get caught up on all the crazy stuff that's been going on. It'll take you a while, but, it's worth it. You've got to see the thread that sushi started about answering a question with a question, you won't believe how many posts and questions are in there:ohmy: :huh: it's funny though!!!:LOL:

welcome home sizz !!! isn't it a great feeling getting rid of credit cards??
i wish i had listened to my mother when she said not to get one. so i got
one for "emergencies" only. my fear of running out of gas cost me dearly lol.

Good to see you Sizz...Dispense that advice whenever you want..It's so true...Glad everthing is ok..We've missed you here...

kadesma:)

Thanks everyone! Its really good to be back.....I missed you all.
Yes PA the house hunt is on but its slow right now. The 2 houses we're interested in are still not officially on the market yet so thats frustrating. We have looked at an apartment and should hear about it tomorrow. He has a tenant living in one of his houses and he offered the apt. to him prior and is waiting to see if the tenant wants the apt. still. If so then we'll check out the rental house he has. There is a townhouse coming up for rent also. But I'd much rather rent the house vs. the apt. or townhouse......mainly for privacy. We have till the middle of August to find a rental so something should come up.

Hey Sizz; I'm doing the same thing right now with my credit card. I'll make no more purchase with it, ever! Somehow, that debt went from zero to about 7,000. I know I didn't make many purchases on it. In any case, the debt is being regularly paid and will dissapear in a few years. And about that dad-advice thing. Mine tried to instill the same phillosophy in me. He succeded. But the rest of my crew had to learn the hard way. In any case, they will do without some luxuries as the debt is paid.

For every action, there is an opposite and equal reaction. And for you less technical types, for every choice, there is a consequence, good or bad.

I hope we can all exercise wisdom in our choices.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

We learned years ago how much we could do without. If we want it, then we save for it. When the time comes for retirement..you tighten the belt and learn to get along with what you have.

Marge~Dove

Sizz

Been looking for you and now I know what happened! Had me kind of worried but I have faith that all was going to be okay with you. It still will. I have had my headache and shared my upset with everyone. Only someone who has experienced the same kind of disappointment can relate. I am hoping everything will be okay. I sure do appreciate everyone's comments when my headache started. I just don't believe how it happens. As I told everyone must be some kind of test. I feel I passed because everything seems so much more calm now. But I sure won't forget.

it sure is nice to be debt free for the time......its nice to have that extra money and not have to worry about that next bill coming in. Although we will be paying for dads utilities while we stay here....they aren't much at all though......he'll argue over that but I get the bills so I'll just convent. go pay them before he can argue about it.

In The Kitch.....not sure what you were referring to. I haven't gotten to read all the posts since I went off line awhile back but I'll try to catch up on some more today and maybe I'll see what your referring to. Anyway, I hope alls ok now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom