Do your cats a Favor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-DEADLY SUSHI-

Washing Up
My one cat LOVES Nori!!!!! Whats nori? Its dried and baked seaweed sheets. Its used in sushi among other things. You can get ten sheets in one package for about 2 bucks at your local store in the asian isle area. My cat begs for this stuff! :) I just tear off a little piece and hold it. He comes up and chomps on it.

sush, we give our cats nori. they love it. btw, give them a chopstick or 2 on the kitchen floor, and watch them go nuts tapping it around (until it ends up under the stove or fridge).

also, try to find dried bonito shavings. look for it in asian markets, not in pet stores. it's not that expensive, but pet stores try to rip you off. it's the stuff seen on "iron chef - tos". they put it in boiling water to make a fish stock of sorts.

My cat is the most picky eater in the whole wide world. She'll turn her nose up at bacon and tunafish (she'll drink the left over water from the can though) but, she loves butter and tomato soup. She loves left over milk from the cereal bowls but, won't touch it if it's right out of the fridg. She loves feta but, won't touch any other cheese. She won't drink fresh water. She'll only drink out of mud puddles or water from the seats of plastic chairs. I'll try nori some day but, chances are she'll just look at it and walk away. She's a very silly kitty.

luvs and pdswife, try to find the bonito shavings. my cats go mental for them...

oh, and pdswife, your cat needs therapy...:)

Being a dog-mom, cats are a bit of a mystery to me. Like, for example why one of the Siamese kitties on my street just walked across my driveway carrying a large sock.

i've seen bonito shavings in these huge bags, bucky. betcha my cats would love those!
jkath, cats are just a bit off thier rockers. gotta love 'em.:LOL:

I'll have to try this. We have nori around the house all the time to feed the tropical fish. Never thought to give it to the cats though.

BC

Do you all remember the cat that got dropped off on my door step last christmas?. Well I still have that cat, Nikki. Well Nikki refuses to eat anything that is not called cat food.

Well, I tried the nori with both cats and they turned their little noses up at it. The dog, however, gobbled it up like it was a delicacy. Go figure.

BC

jkath said:
Being a dog-mom, cats are a bit of a mystery to me. Like, for example why one of the Siamese kitties on my street just walked across my driveway
carrying a large sock.

Like this jkath?
112804.gif

BC

jkath said:
Being a dog-mom, cats are a bit of a mystery to me. Like, for example why one of the Siamese kitties on my street just walked across my driveway carrying a large sock.
Socks are near the top of a cat's list of favorite toys! They will run all over with one. They flip them in the air, they wrestle with them. My cats like little stuffed animals too. I've seen them wrestle so hard with them that the cat flips completely in the air. It's pretty bad when a cat wrestles a stuffed animal and loses! lol

:) Barbara

My sister's old cat (who lived to 19) would go crazy for a piece of foil, loosely shaped into a ball. Even in her last year, she'd pounce on it and throw it. The new cat she has stands at the foot of the stairs and likes to watch his ball go down each step. His head "bounces" with each step, like the ball.

one day my one cat, ozzy, came strolling on by with a softball hanging out of his mouth!:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: now, a good 11 years later, i still can't figure out how he managed to pick something that big up in his mouth.
when ozzy was a kitten many moons ago, he had a little white stuffed cat, and he carried that thing around nomatter where he went. he'd bat it around, pounce in it, lay down by it, lick it... we called it ozzy's 'baby'. then elmo came to us and oz had a REAL kitten to chase around and wrestle around with. my Dad put ozzy's baby away in a drawer somewhere. i'd like to see what my cat would do if we gave his baby to him now.

Last edited:
My big cat Clint was playing with my buddy when he came over. My friend was holding a car of beer. Well Clint was play chewing on the bottom of the can. So we thought! He bit a hole in the bottom side of the can!!!:shock: Never seen THAT before! :LOL:

my cat disney plays fetch with the plastic rings from milk gallons.
and at night whne she thinks we're asleep she bats them around
and makes noises like she's trying to kill it. hunting instincts i guess.

Back
Top Bottom