REC--Grilled Avocados

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
Grilled Avocados

1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp lime jumce
2 large, ripe avocados, halved, seeded, and peeled (about 1 lb total)
1/4 tsp kosher salt or 1/8 tsp table salt
1/4 c bottled picante sauce
1 oz Monterey Jack or farmer cheese, shredded and crumbled (1/4 c)
Snipped fresh cilantro
Salad greens (optional)
Bottled picante sauce (optional)
Sour cream (optional)

Stir together olive oil and lime juice. Brush avodacos all over with olive oil mixture. Sprinkle cut sides of avocados with salt.

For a charcoal grill, grill avocado halves, cut sides down, on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 5 minutes or until browned. Turn avlcado halves cut side up. Fill centers of halves with the 1/4 c picante sauce and shredded cheese. Cover and grill about 5 minutes more or until cheese begins to melt. For a gas grill, preheat grill, reduce heat to medium. Place avocado halves on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.

Remove avocados from grill. Sprinkle tops with snipped cilantro. If desired serve on a bed of greens with additional picante sauce and sour cream.

Makes 4 servings.

Oooooh! I almost missed this one! I'm grilling tri-tip steaks marinated in Rainee's beer marinade (I think I use that recipe at least 1x/week!), cooking up artichokes and I believe I'll be grilling these avocados!

Thanks so much!!!

Sounds good, but I'm not sure I'll ever be able to try it. Every time I cut an avocado it mysteriously disappears. Hmmm. . . where does it go?

Hey Mellryn :)

I grilled these avos with dinner last night - WOWEE! They were a great addition to my tri tip steak!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom