Burner Plates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robo410

Executive Chef
Moderator Emeritus
Having a rental that comes with the job, I have a reasonable stove, electric, standard burners, etc. It heats ok and keeps acurate temps in the oven, but it is NOT anything but LOW END. I recently bought a set of burner plates from Nordic Ware. These are heavy steel that cover the burner and give a solid heat surface like the cast iron elements that were popular a while ago. I've noticed that my pans heat more evenly; even heavy pans react to rings of hot and cold. The stove looks better. And I can use a greater variety of size and material of pan; even my soapstone bean pot is safe on them. :chef:

Any other folks make adaptations to their equipment?

Thanks for the info Robo! I've been looking at these and wondering if they really worked - what the real difference would be between them and the old cast iron plates - except some of the iron plates I found said to only use them on gas stoves.

I have found : give them a minute to heat up and turn them off a minute before you think you're done. That way everything is equal. I am very pleased with this inexpensive upgrade. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom