McDonalds not offering salads?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Russell

Senior Cook
Last time I checked they were supposed to offer salads at McDonalds. Apperently not in international lounges.I was in the airport in houston (George Bush Intercontinental Airport) and in terminal F the only thing to eat was mcdonalds. I HATE fast food but I thought I might be able to get a salad or something, but they didn't even have them, so I asked if they ever had them there and they said "no"...

I'm with ya, Russell - McDonald's really is my least favorite of all. (I have a theory - they have one pseudo-food, and they make it into all the shapes on their menu. Kinda like a play-dough set.)

The special franchises are so different than regular places, plus they can charge whatever they want. There's a McDonalds at Disney's California Adventure (the theme park next to Disneyland. They only sell "meals". So, you can't get a salad without an order of fries and a drink. They bludgeon you on the price - the cheapest thing on the menu is a happy meal for something like $4.50 ($2.19 at regular McDs)

At least I got the realest thing on the menu, chicken selects...not the nasty nuggets. That was the first time I had ever eaten in McDonalds for 2 or 3 years

so... what are your plans for the summer Russell.. why is it going to be so GOOOOD??

Well, I got back from Texas 2 weeks or so ago, and I just got back from Maryland an hour ago, and in about 2 weeks I am going to the shore for 2 weeks then I am coming back home for 3 days then going to hershey park then chillaxing with my friends in town for the rest of the summer

I ate at the McDonald's at Union Station while on an Amtrak layover in Chicago a few years ago. The food was cold and awful. I guess they don't have to rely on return business, so it doesn't matter if the food is good or not.

:) Barbara

I have heard about McDonald's salads before, and I wouldn't eat them even if they did have them. Everyone I have talked to has said that they are really small, and not worth the money. I don't think that that kind of food would be good "fast" anyway.

-Lauren-

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
Lettuce with a few vegies on it. For $3 bucks. Its a rip. BUUUUUT healthy is you dont put on much salad dressing. :rolleyes:

They don't have the big salads where you're at? Like the Chicken Cobb salads?

i hate to admit it, but wendy's salads are actually pretty good. never had a mickey d's salad. i had the mandarin chicken salad, which was decent at 5 bucks or so. their new baked potatoes suck tho... they tasted like they were soaked in brine or maybe steamed, not baked. how can you screw up a baked or nuked tater?

I love Wendy's Chicken BLT salad too. It tastes good and is very filling. McDonald's used to have a Mexican theme salad (Fiesta Salad, or something like that) which was ok.

:) Barbara

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom