REC--Zucchini Patties (TNT)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
It's zucchini season!

This is one of my favorite things to do with zucchini. They taste like potato patties. I was even able to get these past DH, who usually won't touch anything with zucchini it it!

Zucchini Patties

2 c grated zucchini
2 eggs, beaten
¼ c chopped onion
½ c flour
½ c grated Parmesan cheese
½ c shredded mozzarella cheese
Salt to taste

In a medium bowl, combine the zucchini, eggs, onion, flour, Parmesan, mozzarella, and salt.

Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Drop zucchini mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls and cook for a few minutes on each side, until golden.

Good grief Pa, I have a feeling i'm coming home with a ton of zukes..This looks wonderful too..I've made mine with sauteed onion, garlic, parsley,sliced zukes, salt, pepper and marjoram, then added beaten eggs, parmesan and grated jack cheese and cooked it in the oven like a torta...Thanks again:)

kadesma

This sounds good and I will definitely try it very soon, as our zucchini is starting to harvest in the garden and we will soon be flooded with the stuff. It appears easy to make and not a great deal of ingredients, like stuff common to have available. I printed it out. Thanks for the post. :) I also make lots of zucchini bread, as it freezes well and is great to take along on our camping trips.

This is similar but good. TNT

Zucchini Appetizer
3 cups thinly sliced unpeeled zucchini (4 small)
1 cup Original Bisquick® mix
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram or oregano leaves
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4eggs, slightly beaten

1. Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease bottom and sides of rectangular pan,
13x9x2 inches.
2. Stir together all ingredients. Spread in pan.
3. Bake about 25 minutes, More like 35 mins or until golden brown.
Cut into 2-inch squares; cut squares diagonally in half into
triangles

Theses were tasty and easy.

Just to let you know PABaker, I made your recipe for the zucchini patties last night for dinner. They were great, as so easy and held together nicely for frying. They are a definite a "do again", as my husband and I like to say when I try a new recipe. I followed yours exactly, however, the next time, I will also add 2-3 cloves of finely chopped garlic and one banana pepper (we're growing both in our garden, along with the zucchini, etc.). I dropped in very large tbls. of the mix into the pan to cook and just wanted to let everyone know that I ended up with 13 patties. So many times, a recipe doesn't state how many it will feed or the quantity results, so I thought I would pass this info' along as well. So, thank you for this idea!

To PA Baker - Just an update to let you know my hubby and I are hooked on your zucchini patties. I now make them with the addition of chopped garlic and yellow or green peppers. I have passed your recipe along to a couple of friends who are vegans and they too love them. So, again, thanks for the idea!

I wonder....
if you made an extra batch, could you refrigerate overnight, and then cook them in a baking dish, covered with marinara and mozzerella?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom