Dirty Jalapeno Heat Potato Chip review......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
Yes folks I have tasted what is my ninth Jalapeno or hot flavoed potato chip and have reviewed each one of them at this forum. I saw this chip at the Karmelcorn stand and bought a 2 ounce bag.

I liked the size of the chip. Some nice big pieces.

The chip could have been a little bit thicker though.

I thought the color of the chip could have been better. The Miss Vickie's brand and the Cape Cod brand had the best color I saw in a chip so far.

The taste of the chip was really good. It had a wonderful aftertaste and halfway though the bad it started to get really spicy.

A big thumbs up for this chip.

Dirty potato chip website:
http://www.dirtys.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.100.exe/online-store/scstore/shophome.html?E+scstore

So far I have tatsted:

Wegman's brand which stunk!
Miss Vickie's Brand
Herr's Kettle Cooked Jalapeno chip
Herr's Red Hot chip
Zapp's Hotten N' Hot Jalapeno
Cape Cod Jalapeno and aged Cheddar
Snyder of Hanover Jalapeno Chip
Wise Chipotle Smoked Chip
and finally the Dirty Jalapeno Heat chip.

Still have yet to see the Lay's Kettle cooked brand Jalapeno chip. My Coupon for a buck off a bag has expired.

How did you rate the others? I've only tried Zapp's, but (and this should come as no surprise to Constance ;)) it's usually too salty for my taste. Have also noticed that some batches are more heavily seasoned than others.

HanArt said:
How did you rate the others? I've only tried Zapp's, but (and this should come as no surprise to Constance ;)) it's usually too salty for my taste. Have also noticed that some batches are more heavily seasoned than others.

if you do a messagrboard search you will find reviews to all the chips that I have tasted. That will give you some help.

Back
Top Bottom