Rec... Peachy Iced Tea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

middie

Chef Extraordinaire
was looking through weekly recipes and ran across this. thought it sounded great especially for those of us going throught this heat wave...

Peachy Iced Tea

Makes 8 servings

5 black or green tea bags

4 cups boiling water

4 cups peach or apricot nectar

2 cups sliced peaches

Ice cubes, optional

Mint sprigs for garnish, optional

Cook's notes: Recipe requires at least three hours (or overnight) chilling time.

Brew, chill the tea: Steep tea bags in boiling water for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags. Combine brewed tea and nectar in large pitcher. Gently stir in 1½ cups peaches. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 3 hours or overnight.

Presentation: Put remaining peach slices into individual glasses. Add ice cubes, if using, and pour in chilled tea. Garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.

Source: Adapted recipe from Vegetarian Times magazine (July-Au gust, 2005). Nutritional analysis unavailable.

Wow, Middie, this sounds like a really good recipe. I LOVE tea and peaches, so this is a good combo. One question though: It wouldn't matter if I used de-caf tea would it? Kind of a dumb question, but hey, someone's gotta as 'em.

-Lauren-

Middie,

this looks great. I always make mango iced tea, but, think I'll give this one a try for Sunday..
thanks
kadesma

blondie i think you could use de-caf. it didn't say not to lol.
kads mango iced tea ? that sounds really good too !!

That sounds great, middie! Snapple peach iced tea has always been my favorite so I'll have to try this. Your recipe reminded me of this one:

Peach Ice Cubes

4 peaches, peeled and pitted
1/3 c sugar
1 Tbsp lemon juice

Puree the peaches and combine with the sugar and lemon juice. Mix well until smooth. Pour mixture into ice cube trays and freeze until solid.

Serve with cold summer drinks like lemonade, iced tea, or cocktails.

middie said:
blondie i think you could use de-caf. it didn't say not to lol.
kads mango iced tea ? that sounds really good too !!
Middie, it's as easy as a trip to the grocery store..I just add snapple mango madness to my iced tea:LOL: Everyone thinks I went to the fancy food place in town and got their recipe:angel:
kadesma..

That tea sounds great. I think Lipton, from what I recall, makes a really good raspberry tea. It's a bit too sweet for me, but when you ice it down or add water, it's more suitable for me. Peach tea, though, yummmmm.

Thanks for posting! I love peach snapple ice tea and have looked around for a copycat recipe, but this sounds WAY better with fresh peaches and all! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom