Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   Flip Flop Exchange (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/flip-flop-exchange-12344.html)

CookinBlondie 06-29-2005 11:28 AM

Flip Flop Exchange

Hey guys! A few of my friends just sent me a letter that has incorporated me into a flip flop exchange. You get a letter, and send a pair of flip flops to the person listed as "#1". You then move the person who is listed as "#2" to the "#1" slot. You then move your name to the number two slot, and send the letter to 6 of your friends. The letter makes its way around to a bunch of people, and in the end, everyone ends up with 36 pairs of flip flops, for the price of one. Well, I have recieved 2 letters, and coming up with enough people to send the letter to who will actually keep the exchange going has been a little challenging.

So, I immediately thought of you guys. I know that you all are an AMAZING group of fun people, so I was wondering if you would like to be a part of this. What we are trying to do is get people and shoes from all over the country and the world.

If any of you guys are interested, just send me your name and address to me in an instant message, and you'll be getting a "Flip Flop" exchange letter in the next week or so.

Thanks for your support of this fun summer activity, and enjoy your flip flops, all 36 of them!

-Lauren-

Andy M. 06-29-2005 12:00 PM

:whistling This old man, he has none
Has no flip flops under the sun
Don't want no flip flops one or thirty-six
Think I'll go and pick up sticks :tongue:

CookinBlondie 06-29-2005 12:08 PM

LoL Andy!

Guess I should have mentioned that guys wouldn't be interested. LoL

buckytom 06-29-2005 12:29 PM

if you have angered someone to the point of fisticuffs, you should first walk a mile in his shoes. if you still disagree, at least you are a mile away, and he has no shoes...

pdswife 06-29-2005 01:23 PM

What would I do with out you guys to make me laugh everyday...?? You really do add joy to my life.

Sorry, cookingblonde
I have my shoes for the summer already.

luvs 06-29-2005 04:51 PM

i got a letter like that for a sock exchange.

wasabi 06-29-2005 05:09 PM

Sorry CB, I already have 36 flip flops, or as we call them here, slippers.

Ishbel 06-29-2005 05:17 PM

Sorry, it sounds like a modern variation on the old chain letter phenomenon. :wacko:

kitchenelf 06-29-2005 07:07 PM

Thanks Cookingblondie - but I don't know if you will get much help here - we're a tired old bunch (ok, me anyway) and don't want to put forth the effort. I hope you get a bunch of neat flip flops though.

texasgirl 06-29-2005 07:46 PM

Can you believe, my sister tried to get me into one of these, but, with panties??:huh: :ohmy:

She is crazy. I don't want someone else sending me personal clothing like that. She actually did it too. I never asked her if she ever got them all. I don't want to know.

Flip flops might be fun, but, I just don't have the time, or close enough to a store to get them, sorry.
I hope you get lots of cute ones.