Iron Chef America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mylegsbig

Head Chef
Why do they show wolfgang puck as one of the iron chef's? I havent seen him participate in a single challenge. He needs to step down and let a true competitor step into kitchen stadium

Puck was, in fact, one of the original 4 chefs in the Iron Chef America series.

Besides, he is well known for innovative cuisine.

Yes friend, he's a legend

But on the japanese show all of the Iron Chefs competed in challenges. Maybe i missed the show where he competed, but i usually watch and i've never seen him compete.

Puck never competed in the Japanese Iron Chef show.

When the Iron Chef America show was premiered on FoodTV with Alton Brown as the moderator, There were 3 or 4 chefs competing in a series of matches. There was Puck and Batali and Flay and maybe a fourth.

Now, in the IC America series You're seeing some of the same chefs as Iron Chefs competing against the guests. Flay and Batali have competed and now it's Puck's turn.

I'm pretty sure he did compete on the original Iron Chef America series. Didn't they have the preview commerical where he threw the flour towards the camera while he was flouring a cutting board? I never saw the actual episode though.

I remember hearing that he had to duck out due to family issues and focusing on his restaurants (I mean Iron chef is a pretty heavy gig, I've read the book on the japanese Iron chef and these guy's thought about it 24/7).

Even though I havent seen Puck battle I am pretty scared of him... he's got that "I've worked from the ground up to being the best" vibe that Michiba gave off.

There was a series of four shows called "Battle of the Masters" where in fact Wolfgang Puck was one of the Iron Chefs, and he did in fact compete in one battle. I know this, because I saw it. The Battle of the Masters shows were somewhere around a year ago, so if you saw them recently, it's only because Food Network decided to rerun them.

The latest Iron Chef America series, both one and two, feature Morimoto in Puck's place, plus a fourth female Iron Chef who came in on the action later.

Alton Brown has been the commentator from the very beginning.

Also, Iron Chef America should not be confused with Iron Chef USA, which was hosted by William Shatner, lasted no more than a few episodes, and basically sucked. All of the action was kept secret from the cameras, so you couldn't see what the chefs were doing.

Consul said:
Also, Iron Chef America should not be confused with Iron Chef USA, which was hosted by William Shatner, lasted no more than a few episodes, and basically sucked. All of the action was kept secret from the cameras, so you couldn't see what the chefs were doing.

Lasted only 2 shows.

WHY is anyone wasting there time on ICA? It is a joke. They spend more time talking and show other thing then the actual cooking. I had to stop watching it all thogether. The judges are horrible, not that the original were better. However, they did show more of the cooking and I think they had better ingredients were better, and the challengers could choose the Iron Chef they wanted.

sorry I just had to vent :eek: , I'm done...for now

I hope I won't be burned at the stake for saying this, but I can't stand Iron Chef. I really like the concept behind it but there is so much overdramatic crap that it drives me nuts! I can't watch ICJapan because of Chairman Kaga's outfits and his conceded "I am the greatest food authority in the world" attitude... The only redeeming thing about ICA is Alton Brown's insight, for which I would rather watch Good Eats... Sorry if I'm upsetting anybody, that's just my opinion!

It's all tongue in cheek, done for the 'circus' effect, so just sit back and enjoy! The chefs are all amazing in what they can do, but the whole premise of the show is entertainment.

It's the "tongue in cheek, circus effect" that drives me nuts! I just wish they didn't make it so overly dramatic. Like I said, I think it's a great concept!

dramaticness - dramaticity - dramatibility - dramaaaaaaaa-

I think it's past my bedtime!:dizzy:

If you don't like the drama - change the channel:mrgreen:

Seriously - if there wasn't a 'catch', the peeps wouldn't watch it. There have been other cooking 'contest' shows that just don't make it because - there's just not enough drama!

Back
Top Bottom