Kenny's Wings Of Fire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raine

Executive Chef
KENNY'S WINGS OF FIRE

Serves 4 to 6.
4 to 5 pounds chicken wings
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons ground white pepper
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons ground oregano
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons dry mustard
2 teaspoons ground dried sage
2 teaspoons ground dried rosemary

Sauce:

1/4 cup jalapeno hot sauce
1/4 cup Louisiana hot sauce
1/4 cup Tabasco pepper sauce
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
3 tablespoons cayenne pepper
3 tablespoons liquid from jar of jalapenos
3 tablespoons red pepper flakes

TRIM and discard the tips from the wings. Cut wings into two pieces.

COMBINE peppers, garlic and onion powder, oregano, paprika, dry mustard, sage and rosemary. Spread the wings on a baking sheet or tray and sprinkle generously on all sides with the spice rub. Let stand at least 30 minutes.

BUILD a charcoal fire or preheat a gas grill. Place wings over direct medium heat. Cover and cook 10 to 15 minutes on each side, until skin is brown and crisp and meat is pulling away from the bone.

MIX all the sauce ingredients while the wings are cooking. Remove wings and place in a disposable aluminum pan. Pour the sauce over the wings and stir to coat wings thoroughly. Cover the pan with foil and place over indirect heat (turn off one set of jets or place away from the coals). Cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally and watching to keep sauce from burning. Remove from heat and serve hot.

Rainee:

Help me out here. Can you give me examples of what you mean by jalapeno hot sauce and Louisiana hot sauce.

Thanks,

Andy, I'm not sure what the jalepeno hot sauce is, unless it the green bottle that is like the tobasco sauce. The louisiana hot sauce is like Frank's hot sauce, it's in a bottle like the tobasco sauce. You should be able to find it in the same area of the store too.

Lousiana hot sauce is just a red hot sauce; Texas Pete, Franks, etc.
Jalapeno is a sauce made from jalapenos instead of the red peppers.
mex-grocer_1847_20866690

Back
Top Bottom