What kind of grill do you have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Seems like everyone has outside grill. If you have good one could you tell me about it? Must be the thing to have when so hot in kitchen. Said we will have cooler weather tomorrow only in low 90's. They DID say cooler.

Dh has used Old Smokeys for the past 20 years. Right now he has two ... the smaller one for regular use; the larger
when needed.

oldsmokygrill.gif

He's finally a little interested in a gas grill. I've heard that Weber makes a great grill, so we'll be shopping those before the year is out.

I use a weber kettle style charcoal grill. Can't beat charcoal for the flavor.

I have three grills :ohmy: depending on what I want to cook, and how much time is available:

1. As Mr Dove mentioned, the Weber grill can't be beat for grilled flavor.

2. Charbroil's natural gas grill comes up to heat in only 10 minutes, and the side burner is nice. :cool:

3. Brinkmann's water smoker is fun to use for big pieces of meat. :pig:

Tom

We have a three burner Weber gas grill. Great for direct or indirect cooking and like it.

You can't beat a Weber.

Let's see we have 3 Weber Smokey mountains, 1 charbroil bullet smoker, 1 Weber kettle, 1 Charbroil Santa Fe, 1 4ft' custom built offset, 1 16ft custom built offset.

i have a meco square charcoal grill, and a weber smokey joe silver charcoal grill.

the smokey joe comes with us on canoe and summer backpacking trips. you kinda look like a tinker or raggedy man with the grill strapped to the top of your pack, but it's better to use it than try to find firewood and risk a forest fire in hot weather.

Last edited:
Got a propane grill - think it's by thermos, get's good and hot for real "grilling", and a weber smokey joe for trips up north.

Working on getting a Weber kettle for the house.

John

We have two wood-burning cookers. Don't know the brand. They are Handy Husband's toys. Usually used to grill chicken and burgers or smoke pork shoulders or ribs.

Weber Genesis Silver B, 3 burner gas grill with cast iron grates. I've had other brands, both charcoal and gas, and wouldn't give this one up for anything. Quick to start, no charcoal mess, perfect results every time, no matter what I'm cooking. It won't double as a smoker, but it's darned good grill. :mrgreen:

My husband has a weber kettle charcoal grill, a Sears 4 burner propane grill, and a New Braunsfels (sp?) barrel type smoker.
We use them all.

got a Weber charcoal kettle grill ... grills and barbqs nicely. If you are into slow smoked ribs and brisket, you may want a larger barrel grill, rather than the kettle. I also have a grill pan for my range top, and you can get stove top smokers too. But I'm convinced you must have good ventilation for that.

Cheapish Charbroil gas grill for the deck, plus a $20 portable gas grill for picnics, vacations, and when the kids just fancy a couple of hotdogs/burgers.

We never BBQ'd much back in England (the weather is rarely good enough....), but we are doing much more BBQ'ing over here - back in England a 'BBQ' was just burgers & hotdogs, maybe a steak if you were lucky, but over here it really is gourmet cooking - I am constantly amazed & delighted when we go out to other people's houses for BBQ and trying to learn how to BBQ properly myself LOL!

You can't get the portable gas grills back in the UK, so several of our visitors have taken them home with them, and we are thinking of buying several to take back for Christmas presents this year - such a brilliant idea for picnics!!

Paint.

We use a Weber for charcoal, a Weber 3 burner gas, and a Treager smoker. Today it is the Treager with ribs. Enjoy the 4th.

Back
Top Bottom