Looking For A Hush Puppy Dispenser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raine

Executive Chef
A hush puppy dispeanser that mounts over the frtyer.

Rainee, when I worked the fryer station at the Cajun restaurant, we used a #80 portion scoop for hush puppies.

Same thing - two ways ....

A couple of places that had the best puppies in town both used a pastry bag and a large plain tip. One would squeeze them directly into the fryer, cutting them off with a knife at the length they wanted - the other piped them out onto sheet pans, chilled them, then cut them into 2-inch lengths.

I like the pipe, chill, and cut method! That sounds like a very easy way to mass-produce puppies for a restaurant!

please excuse my lack of knowledge im an australian . what is a hush puppy??? a hush puppy here is a "frozen drink" made with crushed ice topped with syrup of choice.

Hello Glenn! Around here in Southern California, the treat you described is called either a Hawaiian Ice.
Hush Puppies are actually a southern treat here in America. I hardly ever see them at restaurants, so we must make them here, but they're everywhere in the south as a typical side dish. Here's a recipe that Raine posted last week:

Hush Puppies - from Raine
Serving Size : 10

1 cup self-rising flour
1 cup cornmeal
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 egg
1 1/2 cups buttermilk -- or as needed
1 medium onion -- chopped
fat -- for deep frying

Sift together flour, cornmeal, salt, and soda. Add egg and buttermilk until it's the right consistency to hold its shape when rolled into a ball. Mix in onion, then roll into balls about 1 to 2 inches across and drop in deep hot fat. Fry until they're brown and crispy. Let them drain a bit on some paper and serve hot.

Hush Puppies are a common side-dish served with fried catfish. There's not much better in life than a plate full of fried catfish, hush puppies, a little cole slaw, and a nice cold one during the summer, especially when all your family is over.

Now where can I catch a big ol' flathead catfish here in Michigan to do this? :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom