New from downunder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrsmac

Head Chef
Hi, i discovered this site when i was looking under cooking forums in google and was really interested. I hope its Ok to be a non northern hemisphere member!!!
Looking forward to finding some interesting recipes from other countries and perhaps sharing some from here too.:chef:

welc.gif

Welcome to our family, mrsmac!

Can't wait to see some of your favorite recipes!

Hi mrsmac! I'm glad you have decided to join us! I'm sure you will love it here. There are some really great people here.

:) Barbara

4.gif

Welcome to DC mrsmac!! It doesn't matter what hemisphere you are at, just as long as you like to cook and TALK :eek:) You'll love it here!! Can't wait to see your recipes.

17.gif

Hi!!! Or G'day!!! I am an Aussie too, originally from Tasmania but now living in England. I have already chatted with you about tim tams elsewhere, and promite, your making me homesick!!!!

Welcome to our humble home mrsmac - I was involved in a cookbook exchange and my partner was in Australia - she sent me tim tams and vegemite :sick:, fairy sprinkles, and so much other stuff. I put the tim tams in the back of the freezer so no one would find them :)

It's more than ok, Mrsmac...We're glad to have a new friend. Welcome, sit down and enjoy some fun with us..We'd love to know more about you and to exchange recipes and ides..

kadesma:)

Thankyou all so much for being so welcoming, I am really enjoying my visits here. I think I amy set up a company importing Tim Tams around the world, i had no idea how unique and popular they are:)
Don't they have fairy sprinkles (hundreds and thousands) over there?
I thought of you all today when lunching at a friends and she was telling us how she makes Roo Bolognaise for her family. (Yes with real kangaroo)

Roo hamburgerys, yum yum. And I am rather fond of emu pastrami, the only good emu is a dead one I'm afraid (I have a phobia of them, not many of them in Lancashire, thankfully!!) Violet Crumbles and Cherry Ripes need to be on your import list as well!!! A cherry ripe in England costs £1.50 thats $4 Aussie dollars!!!!!!!!! And that's if you can find one!!!

All Cherry ripes can be sent to the UK immediately, I hate them!!! Did you hear all Mars bars and Snickers have been taken from the shelves because of an extortion threat? Why can't these people threaten something that isn't vital to life!!!
Do they have iced vo vos in the UK??

No iced vo vos, but they have something similar, can't remember what they're called, and no monte carlos either!!!

Hey! We've got violet crumbles here - but I've never tried them. Now you've got me curious. I still want to know what Tim Tams are, and what also are those fairy sprinkles?

Fairy sprinkles are hundreds and thousands we just put them on buttered bread to make Fairy bread.
Tim Tams are 2 layers of a chocolate biscuit with a sort of chocolate cream in the middle and coated with chocolate, they now have dark or milk choc. or even extra choc- double dipped.
Violet crumbles are yummy!! They are choclate coated honeycomb.

mrsmac - hundreds and thousands of what?? are the sprinkles sweet? i just love the sound of that, "fairy sprinkles..."

Just hundreds and thousands, coz there is lots of them!! They are just coloured tiny sugar balls.

Oh - like the little sprinkles that are in the cake decorating section in jars? I think they're called non-pareils?

Back
Top Bottom