I need to buy a new food processor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

licia

Executive Chef
My food processor is over 25 years old and I've worn out two bowls. I would like some ideas on what kinds to consider when shopping. I don't use it as much as in the past, but have a small one to do small jobs. The one I would be replacing is a quite large one with a heavy duty motor. What should I look for?

My food processor is over 25 years old too - I'm scared to death to get a new one so I just keep replacing the bowl.

I did buy a friend one at Sam's - Cuisinart - 7-cup and it is nice. Does the job well.

If I had to buy another one that is the one I would get.

Last edited:
As hard as it was last time to find a bowl, I'm afraid I won't be able to find it at all this time. I think I bought it in 1982, so I should probably replace it. I may take the old one to the farm since it still works. The bowl is fine - but I think I want a new one, anyway.

I'm cheap, so I bought the Big Mouth from Hamilton Beach.

~~> Click Here to see it. <~~

I haven't used it a whole lot, but so far I have no complaints about it. I got it at WalMart on sale for $50.

By the way, Licia, I like your signature.

I know this post is old...but thought I'd throw in my 2 cents for anyone else looking for a new food processor.
I have three different food processors. I've about worn out my kitchen-aid which is my favorite.
I also have the "big mouth" by hamilton beach...but it has one draw back. I like everything about it except one thing. The top fits over the bowl on the inside. This allows food to collect on it...so if you put it back on to do a second batch you find yourself having to wipe it off first to get it to fit.
I suggest you look for one that the top fits over the bowl on the outside.

food processor

I remember years ago purchasing a food processor / blender on the same base by Hamilton Beach. I purchased it at Bed Bath and Beyond. I liked it. My daughter lost the blender so I looked for another one to purchase.
I noticed Macy's had a sale so I purchased a combination food processor / blender by Cuisinart a few days ago. The food processor "machine" looks IDENTICAL to my old one but the blender is consistently wider where as my HB blender was narrow at the bottom. I think my Cuisinart blender will be more amenable to stirring and will probably mix food better so maybe it won't need any stirring.
Hope this information helps. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom