REC - rolled bells (roasted peppers with fresh mozzarella then baked)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Fixing veggies can get pretty boring if we don't keep our eyes open:LOL: I saw this in the paper, saved it, and then forgot it, till today...Thought I'd share..:LOL: We really enjoy roasted red and yellow bells so this was perfect ...
1-large Red bell pepper
1-large-yellow or green bell pepper
7-oz. fresh mozzarella, cubed
1-2 Tab. olive oil
1/4/ c. bread crumbs
1/4-c. Parmesan cheese
preheat broiler and roast peppers till skin is charred on all sides. Place in paper or plastic bag to sweat, when cool, remove and peel off skins. Preheat oven to 375
When peppers are cool and peeled, cut into 1/2 strips. Roll the mozzarella cubes in the strips. Arrange on a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle on the bread crumbs and Parmesan. Bake 10 - 15 min remove and serve...ENJOY:LOL:
kadesma

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got my yellow peppers roasting - I'm going to try the tiny balls of water-packed mozzarella - Ciliegine - and maybe some sort of bruschetta - I have peaches so I'll get some brie for a brie and peach quesadilla and call it dinner!!!

kitchenelf said:
I've got my yellow peppers roasting - I'm going to try the tiny balls of water-packed mozzarella - Ciliegine - and maybe some sort of bruschetta - I have peaches so I'll get some brie for a brie and peach quesadilla and call it dinner!!!
Elf,
how did your peach and brie quesadillas turn out? They sound lucious..Will have to give them a try..Any tips? :)
kadesma

kitchenelf said:
I'll go post the recipe under - mmmmmm - desserts? Unless you think it should go somewhere else?
Found the recipe and thank you..Will be making this weekend..
kadesma:)

kadesma - do you use a toothpick to keep the pepper wrapped tightly around the cheese, or does it stay wrapped on it's own?

jkath said:
kadesma - do you use a toothpick to keep the pepper wrapped tightly around the cheese, or does it stay wrapped on it's own?
You could use toothpicks, but I just kind of wedge them together, in the dish..If I were going to serve them as an appy and cold, with a drizzle of evoo and balsamic I'd use the toothpick to hold them together..
kadesma:)

Back
Top Bottom