Avocado dressing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
quick and easy, I like this on any type of green salad.

1-lg. avocado
2-green onions
juice of 1/2 lemon
2-Tab. choppe parsley OR basil
salt to taste
Freshly ground coarse black pepper
3/4-C. buttermilk or more to taste
Combine all ingredients except buttermilk in blender or f/p. Blend til smooth then add buttermilk and blend again. Add enough buttermi;l to make a mix about the texture of thick cream.
This makes about 1-1/2 to 2 cups...I also like to dunk steamed cauliflour in it...
ENJOY
kadesma:)

That sounds kinda similar, albeit a thicker version, of the guacamole that is served with taquitos. Speaking of which, I may have to head down to the farmers market and hit up the taquito stand there tomorrow.

Sierra, Ironchef,

I really never thought about using this with tacos or on taquitos..I've always just made up my dad's avocado dip that has garlic and mayo in it for our tacos..Think I'll try the dressing instead.. Thanks for the ideas:)
kadesma

How did I miss that posting yesterday?!
YUM YUM YUM!!!!

(and how is it that our Dads always make great avocado dip? I still am so excited when I'm up at my parents' house on a weekend, as on Sundays, he'll find everyone in the house and bring them each a thick slice of buttered sourdough, with a huge smearing of avocado dip on top. Now that's a breakfast!)

Sure, Linda! Mom and Dad live in Santa Barabara - not much of a commute for you ;)

(They owned property up in Eugene Oregon for a while too - they love it up there)

jkath said:
How did I miss that posting yesterday?!
YUM YUM YUM!!!!

(and how is it that our Dads always make great avocado dip? I still am so excited when I'm up at my parents' house on a weekend, as on Sundays, he'll find everyone in the house and bring them each a thick slice of buttered sourdough, with a huge smearing of avocado dip on top. Now that's a breakfast!)
How lucky for you jkath, your dad sounds as great and sweet as my dad was..I love avocados and on sourdough, fantastic..Give your dad an extra just because hug..wish I could still hug mine..That is why we make his avocado dip at every party and birthday...For DAD:)
kadesma

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom