Need menu help, please!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
Ok, my family reunion is this weekend and somehow, it has been left up to me what everyone brings{this came about, I guess, because I live closer to the place and put the deposit on the cabins}
I need 2 more sides that are easy, that will go with brisket.
We have one that won't cook at all
This is what we have so far
brocolli salad
potato salad
baked beans
macaroni salad
broccoli salad
corn on the cob
and 2 desserts
I know, there is a lot of food, but, we're going to have 34 people:wacko:
The two people that are left, don't have much money at all, but, still want to bring something. Any suggestions??

Someone could bring dinner rolls and butter. And if there are kids coming some chips and dip are always a good idea. Or how about a watermellon?

Have fun! It's nice that so many people in your family can all get together at once.

some fresh tomatoes to slice would be easy

a container of Cool Whip for the desserts

This is a recipe that SierraCook sent to me. It was wonderful. Loved by all who tried it.

Cherry Dream Squares

1 pkg. white cake mix
1½ cup oatmeal
½ cup butter, softened
1 egg
21 oz. can cherry pie filling
½ cup chopped walnuts
¼ cup packed brown sugar

Heat oven to 350˚. Grease a 13” x 9” pan. Combine cake mix, 6 tablespoons butter, and 1 cup of oatmeal. Mix until crumbly. Reserve 1 cup of the crumbs for topping. To remaining crumbs add egg and mix. Press crust into pan and pour pie filling evenly over crust.

To reserved 1 cup of crumbs add remaining ½ cup oatmeal, 2 tablespoons butter, walnuts, and brown sugar. Mix and sprinkle over the cherry pie filling. Bake for 30-40 minutes. ___:):):)

or how about some Deviled eggs?
Or a veggie platter with dip?

Black Eye Pea Salad

This would go great and you can make it ahead of time. It is actually better the second or third day.

Black Eye Pea Salad

2 cups black eye peas
4 oz. white onion - diced
6 oz. red bell peppers - diced
4 oz. black olives - chopped
1 tbsp oregano
4 oz. parsley
(great with cilantro too)

For the dressing:
6 oz. EVOO
Zest of half a lime
4 oz. white vinegar
1 tsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp sugar
salt and pepper to taste

Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
Mix dressing in a separate bowl and pour over salad.
Adjust with salt and pepper to taste.

This is even better the second day.

How about a green salad or coleslaw? Here is a salad that is light and easy.

Creamy, Lemony, Pepper-Parmesan Dressing on Romaine Lettuce Salad
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray

3 heaping tablespoons mayonnaise
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1 teaspoon coarse pepper, eyeball the amount in the palm of your hand: 1 teaspoon is equal to about 1/3 of a palm full
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
Pinch salt
3 hearts romaine lettuce, chopped

Combine the mayonnaise, lemon zest (grated yellow part of lemon) and lemon juice. To get the juice out of a lemon, heat it up in microwave for 10 seconds on high. Cut the lemon across in half. Squeeze the lemon halves while holding them upright over the dressing bowl so that the seeds stay with the lemon halves, not in the dressing! Add pepper to the dressing bowl, too. Whisk the dressing and pour in the extra-virgin olive oil while you whisk. If you pour in a slow, steady stream, 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil will pour out in a count to the number six. Once the oil is combined with the acid (the lemon juice) and the mayonnaise, you can switch utensils and stir in the cheese and a pinch of salt with a spoon or rubber spatula.

Chop up the lettuce into 2-inch pieces. Place the lettuce in a salad bowl and top with the dressing when you are ready to serve dinner.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom