What kind of music do you listen to while you cook?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What kind of music do you listen to while you cook

• Blues

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Classical

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Country

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Jazz

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Metal

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Oldies

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Rap/R&B

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rock/Lt. Rock

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other

• Or.. It disturbs me and breaks my concentration

• Total voters
Oh man! I'm stuck in the 80's a lot, adore classical, think Bob Marley is good almost every day, and also like jazz *good jazz* and some contemporary. Lately I've been stuck on how cool Paul Anka became. He was the butt of many a joke, but lately came out with a swing album of old cover tunes. I'm telling ya, if you haven't heard it, you'll be missing out. Swing rocks!

jkath said:
Oh man! I'm stuck in the 80's a lot, adore classical, think Bob Marley is good almost every day, and also like jazz *good jazz* and some contemporary. Lately I've been stuck on how cool Paul Anka became. He was the butt of many a joke, but lately came out with a swing album of old cover tunes. I'm telling ya, if you haven't heard it, you'll be missing out. Swing rocks!

I guess i should say that i listen to the *good jazz* (as well as newer country though):mrgreen: when the kids are home, like... Keiko Matsui, Stanley Clarke, Wayman Tysdale, Marcus Miller, Victor Wooten, Joyce Cooling, Boney James, Matt Garrison, Charles Mingus, Four Play and so on. When i'm usually home alone, i get the 70's/80's funk going on with Graham Central Station, Sly and the Family Stone, George Clinton, Jaco Pastorius, and so on and so on.:D

You have any good swing suggestions?

jkath, I adore hearing the 80's. But, I grew up listening to the oldies. My momma played her Oldies but Goodies every weekend when it was time to clean. I love hearing them too.

jkath's Paul Anka post inspired me to pull out some CD's I haven't listened to in ages (both are great artists doing something that's a little outside their usual style).

Pat Benatar's "True Love" (a pretty decent Blues album)
&
Boz Scaggs' "Come on Home" (another decent Blues album)

I don't see our choice - zydeco...swamp pop...I guess blues would come the closest. We like our zydeco!
47.gif

oddball, maybe

Joni Mitchell, Linda Rondstadt, Joan Baez, Steely Dan, Etta James, Aretha Franklin, Johnny Clegg, Cecilia Bartoli, Patsy Cline, George Benson- anything that touches my heart. -SandyJ

I listen to classical or Scottish folk music.

it's almost time for the Festivals in Edinburgh - great music, great opera, great theatre, great standup comedy.... You could go to shows from early morning until after midnight if you had the stamina (and the money!).

When I'm doing anything that vaguely resembles work, I want stuff that sounds very happy and upbeat. Oldies do the trick, and above and beyond that I prefer it as bubble-gummy as possible! Don't get me wrong, I love classical when I sit down to dinner. But when chopping and slicing, peeling and scrubbing, I want something I know the words to, and can sing and dance along to as I go.

I don't listen to anything. Not because it disturbs or breaks my concentration, but because I usually can't hear the radio over my kids. If they aren't around, I listen to country or classic rock.

If I listen to music while cooking, it's usually pop music, but typically I watch the tv in my kitchen (cooking shows).

Back
Top Bottom