Cooking Challenge #3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My husband puts it on steaks & lamb chops when he's grilling. My mom uses it on eggs - especially fried eggs sunny-side up &, of course, in a Bloody Mary. I use it in sauces, gravies, to add kick to just about anything. We only ever buy the Lea & Perrins - actually, come to think of it, is there another kind? -Sandyj

I think L&P are the only company to have made their home in Worcestershire!

It's funny, we call it Worcester sauce here (leave off the 'shire') :mrgreen:

Worcestershire sauce is one of those secrets of professional chefs. A small amount enhances the savory flavor of just about anything.

UMAMI

I use it and/or soy sauce in maybe 2/3 of the savory dishes I make.

I just did this recently. Pork Kaboobs (pork, green/yellow peppers, and onions). I went by the recipe on the back of the bottle that calls for Worch. and Italian Dressing. I used Zesty Italian Dressing instead. They were really good. Next time I'm going to add lemon pepper seasoning also.

I also love it in hamburgers.

This is one of my favorite ways to use it. Other than the obvious ones already mentioned of course.

Worcestershire Chicken

2 to 3 lbs chicken pieces
1/4C. Worcestershire sauce
1/2C. margarine
2Tbsp. lemon pepper seasoning(or to taste)

Place chicken in large greased casserole dish. Spread margarine on each piece of chicken. Sprinkle with lemon pepper & Worcestershire. Bake at 350F for 1 hour or until juices run clear. Serves 4 to 6.

MUST HAVE LEE & PERRINS.

Soups, sauces, burgers, steaks, CHEX MIX, marinades, chops, cocktail sauce, barbecue sauce......
I agree, I love the stuff, especially in Bloody Mary's. Recently I had the opportunity to have a Bloody Mary made with Chipotle Tabasco. YUUUUUUUMMMMMMYYYYYYY.

bryan

Take peanut butter, mix in the W-sauce and add diced onions. Put on white bread or toast.

Yummm.

I will break the mold and say it might be good flavoring to add to a vanilla icecream mixture!!!!

kleenex said:
I will break the mold and say it might be good flavoring to add to a vanilla icecream mixture!!!!

Double yuck!:sick: I like to add some it to egg drop soup with a little hot sauce.

Back
Top Bottom