anyone else write?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i'm going to post something i wrote just to get this thread started, but seriously, it's some of the lowest-quality writing i've done and i can't believe i'm even going to post it.
i write so much and just wanted to read some of the stuff my fellow writers have put onto paper. sometimes i don't write at all but i do love it.
the thing i wrote that i really want to post i can't. i can't find it. i actually put nurses, doctors, and my Mother in tears when i read it to them or when they've read it themselves, to the point where some of those guys had to leave the room. if i find it, i'll post it. i've been looking for it.

here's my latest (not good) writing:
It’s nights like this. They’re the ones that get me. Get me in the way, I mean, that grabs your heart from the outside in… the tears spring to your eyes before you even know why you're crying but you KNOW that you are missing something within yourself and it aches so deep within your soul that you cannot do anything but let the tears swallow you in.

Pink floyd, shine on you, crazy - what is it? Woman? Diamond? - is playing in the next room but that doesn’t matter so very much right now because even though the tears would say it’s all wrong (not the song, just all things besides), really it’s all JUST RIGHT right now and you don’t want this moment to pass.

Not for the rest of eternity do you want this moment to go, to leave you behind in its bitter dust.

But it will.

It always does.

All is well for now though; the words are coming at you faster than you can type and that song is still playing, and you have a book- 2 books, really, laying in wait to be fallen into later on tonite once the drink has taken its toll. the drink in a glass at the left, the stuffed cat that Grandpap bought you for Christmas at your right when you were so, so sick. the drink that you don't really want but that the anxieties and the sadness push you to consume.

glancing over at the down comforter that hides you from it all, that you curl up under and weep into at night before you say your prayers.

sweet sleep comes soon enough. not before the fears swirl through the mind and make your head spin, but before they take over and make you want to scream.

usually.

you want to make sure they are all okay, go see that thier breathing is even and that they aren't dreaming bad dreams, want to wake Mom up and say, 'i love you Mommy' but you know that's not a possibility and that they need thier rest. but you love them so much it hurts and would give anything for them.

one night..... it's one night and all nights that my thoughts go from here to there to next week, but just getting them out and into words makes it so much better. that's what made this 'one night'. all those spinning thoughts.

Last edited:
I really wonder about your writing, luvs food!!

Sometimes, I'm writing poems. But It can be too hard to translate into English for me now. But I will try later and put one of them here. If I write something about my parents I can't read it to them. I don't know why but it is very hard sometimes to say my feelings to them.
Poems are, all about my old loves :), tell about my feelings when I feel bad or fall in love...

Last edited:
msalper, there is so much more writing i have stashed away. cases upon cases of notebooks; we buy several cases each summer when they go on sale. so many notebooks, lol.... that's why i can't find my favorite writings.
i draw, too, and used to write poetry.
my main thing is cooking, but i am artistic in several aspects.

Keep on writing luvs.
I see pictures in my head when I read your
words... it's a good thing.

I always judge my books, music, poetry on the images
that they produce inside my mind. And your words make me
SEE a lot. I'd love to read more. Please post as many as
you'd like.

That was so beautiful, as PD said you can see pictures in your head when you read it. It made me get teary. You obviously have talent and you should pursue it.
Thankyou for giving me the gift of being allowed to read that.:)

thanks for appreciating and complimenting my writing!:)
i will keep on looking for that one thing that i wrote and would love to see what you guys think of it; that was by far the best thing i've written. i have several copies of it, but there are variations and i have so many notebooks to page through in search of a copy of it, it's ridiculous.

Last edited:
Please find it and post it. I loved writing when I was in high school but haven't written for years (except my CV lol) I sometimes get children in my class who have a real flair for writing even at age 11 and 12 and I wonder if they will continue with it. I love reading things that are well written not that its stopped me from reading a fair few trashy novels lol. I did extension English in high school and really loved reading some of the old English poets like Keats and Donne, have you read any?

mrsmac said:
Please find it and post it. I loved writing when I was in high school but haven't written for years (except my CV lol) I sometimes get children in my class who have a real flair for writing even at age 11 and 12 and I wonder if they will continue with it. I love reading things that are well written not that its stopped me from reading a fair few trashy novels lol. I did extension English in high school and really loved reading some of the old English poets like Keats and Donne, have you read any?

i am still searching for a copy of that writing. i would love to re-read it, myself.
so you're a teacher? awesome! i began writing pretty early on, probably at about 8 or 9; it's great that you have the opportunity to guide potential writers in the right direction.
i haven't read much poetry; i absolutely adore history and focus mainly on that in my reading.
talk to you later!

Last edited:
Keep up the writing Luvs. I like to write, but not poetry. I belong to a couple online writing groups, but I have been so busy lately with work and school that I haven't written anything (except papers for school!). What I have written are (very) short stories. Probably my longest was about my mom dying. Some were written from a prompt in the group. I have some funny ones and some serious. I can't find one of my favorites either, and I would like to rewrite it someday. My favorite thing when I write is twist-endings. One of the prompts we had was that we had to write a letter to Santa Claus. It was one of my shortest, but I enjoyed doing that one. I had an idea for a movie script once but haven't gone anywhere with it (a mystery/time-travel story). I have an idea for a children's book, which I would still like to pursue. One of my biggest problems is that I am very deadline-oriented. If I don't have someone telling me that it is due on a certain date, I don't get it done! I should take a short story writing course and/or a novel writing class.

:) Barbara

Here is a short (goofy) one I wrote for one of my groups:

"Why do you get them? It's just a waste of money. All you do is look at the pictures."

_____"I don't just look at the pictures. I read the stories too."

"I'll bet you can't even tell me what the last thing you read was. You know you just look at the pictures."

_____"Well, the pictures are good. But I DO read the stories too."

"Look at that picture. The way she is sitting in that little chair just isn't natural."

_____"Who says it has to be natural? I like it."

"Yeah, you would. Okay 'Mr. Reader,' what is this story about?"

_____"Oh, who has time to read anyway? So what if I just get these for the pictures? I'm not bothering anyone."

"Go ahead and waste your time if you want."

_____"I'm kind of tired of this right now anyway. You want to go play outside?"

And with that, he lay his well-worn copy of "Goldilocks and the Three Bears" on the bed, and he went out to play hide-and-seek with his friends.

Ok, I have pretty much always been a squeaky-clean goody-two-shoes kind of person (Sometimes I feel like people think I am Saint Barbara, lol). So here is a very short story that shows that I do actually have an evil mind. Bwa-ha-ha!:LOL:

For ten solid minutes after Helen flew out of the conference room, unable to hold back the tears any longer, there was absolute silence. When the initial shock finally wore off, the whispers erupted all around me. I sat and listened to the buzz of gossip making its way around the table after Helen left, but I did not contribute. To do so would be pointless. I know how things said in the heat of the moment can come back to haunt you later, and I was not about to risk my career by adding to the gossip. Helen's career was down the proverbial toilet, and I wasn't flushing mine down after hers. And how would it look for me, Helen's dearest friend, to be adding to the gossip?

I considered adding a token comment now and then in Helen's defense, but the rest of the staff practically had the tar and feathers out, so I backed off. Friendship is one thing, business is another.

Yes, business is something else altogether. Business is why Helen's files suddenly began to be incomplete over the last six months. Not all the time, but enough to make people talk. Business is why small amounts of money began to disappear from petty cash, but never on days she was away from the office. Business is why a couple indiscreet notes, in Helen's handwriting and on her office memo sheets, had been noticed just near the surface of the boss's wastebasket. Business, strictly business, is why my best friend, a woman who had never done anything wrong in her life, had just run out of the conference room in tears. Her career was over. No one would trust her now.

Circumstantial? Certainly. Would it hold up without real proof? Probably not, but that didn't matter now. Helen had been tried, found guilty, and convicted in the eyes of all who had worked with her. And no one but her very best and most trusted friend could have gotten away with it.

Hey guys - if anyone wants to send me like $1.00 I've got some Barbara stories! And I guess Barbara if you send me $2 I won't tell them :mrgreen:

That story cracked me up!!!!! Great writing style.

ooooops
2.gif
- .......slipping quietly away now........

Back
Top Bottom