favorite jam or jelly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
For breakfast this morning I tried some Chambord, black cherry preserves..While not much of a sweets person, these were wonderful. I had them on a buttermilk crumpet...What would your choice of preserves, jams, jelly be and what would you put it on?
kadesma:pig:

Oooh, those black cherry preserves sound wonderful! That is what I would choose, and I would put it on a buttermilk biscuit. It would be good on a peanut butter sandwich too.

:) Barbara

Barbara L said:
Oooh, those black cherry preserves sound wonderful! That is what I would choose, and I would put it on a buttermilk biscuit. It would be good on a peanut butter sandwich too.

Barbara,
Okay I fess up I did take a half slice of bread and put the preserves on a smear of PB...Delish!!!
kadesma:LOL:

Guava Jelly,

Strawberry Jam-

with butter on a buttermilk biscuit sounds wonderful or very soft bread or toast.

Wasabi,

I've never tried guava jelly...I must put that on my to get list...:)
kadesma

I think I have had (and liked) guava jelly. My mom made cactus apple jelly one time. It was delicious the first day, and then it lost all of its flavor! It was just sugar jelly!

middie's got it right.:-p boysenberry. i like mine on toast, too, with (don't laugh too much at what i'm going to type, okay, lol?) nice, crisp bacon and butter sandwiched between the slice of toast. yum!
on peanut butter toast i like strawberry jam.

MIL's home made strawberry jam
on an English muffin or on Paul's short cake, vanilla ice
cream must be included.

I don't eat much jam - but my family and friends love it, so I make a lot when the fruits are available

I make

3 or four types of marmalade (including mandarin, lemon/lime as well as the more usual orange)

raspberry jam - wonderful on scones with lashings of clotted cream

strawberry

gooseberry

apple and rosehip

plum

lemon or lime or mandarin curd

I occasionally run out and then I buy either Duchy of Cornwall (the Prince of Wales' food company) or Baxter's or Tiptree or the French conserve Bon Maman.

Boysenberry, raspberry with seeds or blackberry. I like to switch about - on a biscuit, toast, muffin - doesn't matter. My aunt brought me several jars of fig preserves. She makes the best.

Ishbel said:
I don't eat much jam - but my family and friends love it, so I make a lot when the fruits are available

I make

3 or four types of marmalade (including mandarin, lemon/lime as well as the more usual orange)

raspberry jam - wonderful on scones with lashings of clotted cream

strawberry

gooseberry

apple and rosehip

plum

lemon or lime or mandarin curd

I occasionally run out and then I buy either Duchy of Cornwall (the Prince of Wales' food company) or Baxter's or Tiptree or the French conserve Bon Maman.
Ishbel,
wow, I've never put up jam or jelly or preserves..My mom has and they were always so good. I admire all the wonderful things you do for your friends and family..I think I need to get up and get busy and try my hand at something new...Thanks for getting me started:LOL:
kadesma

I love lemon curd or orange marmalade on a toasted crumpet,

sourdough bread with a bit of cream cheese with hot pepper jelly

and my cousin's low-sugar plum jam on french bread

and I almost forgot! Grapefruit marmalade on anything!

Chunky marmalade, plenty of bitter orange rind in it, ginger marmalade, strawberry jam, raspberry jam and apricot jam, I love making it, but don't do it much anymore.

mrsmac said:
My mum used to make tomato jam which was really nice but my favourite would be raspberry on a hot crumpet.
Tomato jam, that sounds good. My mom use to make an apricot pineapple jam I loved. I've never made jam, but, I think I'd like to try.
kadesma

Kadesma

I seem to give away more than I keep! But I find making jams and chutneys a very therapeutic exercise:chef:

Ishbel said:
Kadesma

I seem to give away more than I keep! But I find making jams and chutneys a very therapeutic exercise:chef:
I can understand, that is how I feel about baking bread from scratch..no bread machine can compare to the feeling you get from doing it all yourself. And I love giving fresh baked breads to friends..:)
kadesma

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom