Bonjour de Bordeaux

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlexR

Senior Cook
Hi,

I'm a 52 year-old American who has spent most of his life in France.

I live in the center of Bordeaux. After years in the wine trade (Champagne, Napa Valley, Loire Valley and Bordeaux) I now run a small translation agency.

I love food and wine and hope to learn things from all of you, and perhaps meet some of you.

All the best,
Alex R.

Welcome to the site Alex! We are so happy you found us. I am not sure, but I think you might be the first person from France on the site. I look forward to learning about French food from you :)

Welcome to the site Alex - we're a friendly bunch - only 1 or 2 bite but they have had their shots!

Looking forward to some of your recipes for a quick easy meal that you prepare.

Hi Alex,
Welcome to the group.
Can't wait to read some of your French recipes.
Hubby and I love French food.

Have fun!!

Bonjour Alex!

We welcome you to our ever-growing family!
I think GB is right about you being our first member living in France. I cannot wait for your french food postings!
Also, when you have some time, please give us a "tour" of what the typical items served in casual french restaurants would be.

Thanks!

Restaurants

Thanks for your encouragement.

First comment: I am not rich, nor inclined by nature to go to the very fancy places, which I feel are often the least genuine.

Sencond comment: I have to get used to the "breakdown by category" of this site. I haven't seen anything to do with restaurants, so we be hard put to know where to give any sort of a report.

Third comment: Wine is an important part of my life, and restaurants in France - like other countries - tend to have a poor selection of overly-young and certainly over-priced wines. Therefore I eat out at friends' houses and have them over to dinner a lot in order to enjoy special bottles.

Best regards,
Alex R.

I can't speak for everyone here, but I know a lot of our members, myself included, would rather hear about your local family run small restaurants and your home cooked meals then about the 5 star high priced places. we enjoy hearing about those as well, but like you a lot of us consider the home cooked stuff as the real thing :)

As for where to put posts about restaurants or anything else you are not sure what category to use, you can always use the General Cooking or Miscellaneous categories for things like that.

Back
Top Bottom