Roasted New Potatoes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Von Glassoff

Assistant Cook
8 medium new potatoes cut in half
3 Tbsp melted butter
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground pepper

Place the potatoes on a baking sheet with out stacking them. Drizzle with melted butter; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour turning with a spatula every 20 minutes.

After I made these a couple of times I started adding some of those baby carrots on the side of the baking sheet. Everyone loved the carrots so much that I just started making a whole pan of the carrots. You cannot cook the carrots an hour though. Maybe 45 mins for the carrots. The roasting just pulls the sweetness out of the carrots and people sware I put sugar on them. I also found a recipe recently for some awesome and unusual tasting potato salad made out of roasted potatoes if anyone is interested.

Thanks Von, this looks wonderful, I have some small fingerling potatoes that will be great in this recipe..Please post you recipe for the potato salad, I'd love to see it.

kadesma:)

Roasting?

Am I alone in thinking that new potatoes are better boiled, with butter?

I've always been served them this way, but it is true that I've never had them roasted...

Best regards,
Alex R.

Alex, I grew up with boiled potatoes with parsley, and they were always delicious (Mom is a great cook!). But, about 10 years ago, I started roasting them and actually now I grill them most of the time on a skewer with a brush of oil. There's somehting about these techniques that bring out the sweetness of the potato. It's really worth a try!

I scrub them clean, toss in a little olive oil with lots and lots of fresh rosemary and some Maldon sea salt and roast.... Great dish when you get tired of boiled!

Back
Top Bottom